K-Rend Day N.I

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you guys do a bay on period house. I would ordinarly ply it then eml then sand and cement render 2 coats . Looking for a different way of doing it with mono or k rend

How would you guys do a bay on period house. I would ordinarly ply it then eml then sand and cement render 2 coats . Looking for a different way of doing it with mono or k rend
Weber would advise you use a thin coat system on board they won't guarantee their mono in that situation,I think the others may do a mono over board system though,can't advise as I've not use the other brands to the extent ive used weber, the chap from knauf will probably be a good person to talk to, @Runswithscissors I think that's correct.:RpS_thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Weber would advise you use a thin coat system on board they won't guarantee their mono in that situation,I think the others may do a mono over board system though,can't advise as I've not use the other brands to the extent ive used weber, the chap from knauf will probably be a good person to talk to, @Runswithscissors I think that's correct.:RpS_thumbup:

Thanks kgreigh

Ronnie - the method you state is the old fashioned way, modern method is to strip back to use a cement based render carrier board (such as Knauf Aquapanel Exterior) fixed to the frame (strip back existing) and then use a modern thin coat basecoat and mesh before applying mono or K Rend. The render system suppliers have their own basecoats and mesh systems, not all recommend their scratch in this application, but if it is a refurb, are they looking for a warranteed system?

If it is a new build, you will need to build with a drained and ventilated cavity to comply with insurance provider - see the brochure in my signature below.

Feel free to get in touch with me for more info, if needed, my contact details are in my profile - left click my forum name (top left) and click my profile, then find my contacts in the tabs

Good Luck!

Richard

Ok thanks for that kreigh there not really looking foruapane a warrented system . But where do i get aquapanel from and cant find anv k rend stockists in north birmingham do you know of any

Ok thanks for that kreigh there not really looking foruapane a warrented system . But where do i get aquapanel from and cant find anv k rend stockists in north birmingham do you know of any

Hi Ronnie

Call Knauf office on 01795424499 and ask for the Midlands sales manager, he will get you local suppliers.

Call K Rend on 02828260766 and they will advise Birmingham stockists

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.