k Rend Dash receiver

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdplast

Been Asked to do a pebble dashing job for the first time in donky's years, i've always done them in sand and cement in the past but i was gonna use K-Rend dash receiver on this one, except no one has got any in stock and the lead time is quite long.

so....i thought i'd ask what might be a silly question for an experienced renderer but whats the difference between the dash receiver and say FT? Could FT be used as a dash receiver ? Has anyone on here ever used mono as a dash receiver?

Or should i just stop being silly and use the good old S&C.....

Don't think I'd risk it mate, there are other dash receivers out there better than k rend. Try Enewall or stonepack and remember when mixing to leave it sitting for ten minutes after first mix then spin again before use. Keeps it open longer.

yea i was airing on the side of caution anyway , why risk it when theres always sand and cement available,

Any K rend supplier will get you what you want on the next delivery. You can get it sooner if you pay a delivery charge. Hardly anyone stocks other than white.

Get your scratch coat flat as and then 6 mm skim.

Any K rend supplier will get you what you want on the next delivery. You can get it sooner if you pay a delivery charge. Hardly anyone stocks other than white.

Get your scratch coat flat as and then 6 mm skim.

yea it was a short notice job only got this week to do it or i cant fit it in for a while, gonna be tented out and everything to get it done. My usual suppliers can get it just not in time since its a last minute one....

Go to Wetherbys in Golborne if your in Wigan.They will have everything you need,make sure you take plenty dosh with you tho.

When using a dash receiver do u scratch with the same product ? Can you spray it?

I use sand and cement as a base. There are other base coats but as to how water proof they 'who knows'.

Only scratch lightly Otherwise the receiver will sag on the scratches.

k.rend dash receiver worst on market yet they make receiver for about six other systems weatherby included
which are one of the best on market.sps envirowall is your best bet..

k.rend dash receiver worst on market yet they make receiver for about six other systems weatherby included

but SPS supplies K Rend dash receiver? Doing one now.

Renderers amuse me sometimes, back in the day I used to get guys telling that K Rend Com Rend and FT was the worst gear on the market, yet Lafarges Colourtex S was absolutely brilliant and vice versa.......

When I do an EWI job using SPS Envirowall products and the finish is a dash finish they send me K Rend dash receceiver. Find it ok myself.

I find its great for wet dashing onto but for dry dash it skins up pretty quickly so your going like a mad man..

U recon Wetherby dash receiver is in of the best ? Surely it is the exact same as kdash

When I do an EWI job using SPS Envirowall products and the finish is a dash finish they send me K Rend dash receceiver. Find it ok myself.

They will also supply you the scrape render if you choose not to want granicem. Weird. The chips are Tue same too

Status
Not open for further replies.