K rend course Ireland

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cjs

Hi guys anybody done this course all ready? Or is anyone on the forum going on it next week??

we did a long time ago, at Larne when k rend was just coming readly available .

it gives you a basic idea of the what different products they offer. I dare say its changed a bit since then.

Good bacon butties. Same as Owls, went over years ago but it was a bit theory based.

I wouldn't waste your money for your flight and to pay for the day, but some of the woman in the marketing that you get samples off ,are bang tidy. :RpS_drool:

nothings wrong with it as such, but what are you looking to get out of it?

an in depth knowledge of how to apply k rend -nope not going to learn that on the day.
trouble shooting when applying -not going to learn that on the day.
machine application- not going to learn that on the day.

you pay your money, you take your chance.

I know plasterers that have worked with Krend since it was first launched and have done nothing else since , I don't know anything about these short courses but I do know that knowledge of curing times and planning your scrape based on climate, conditions substrate comes with a lot of experience. Good luck with it cjs, like owls said; what are you hoping to get out of it. You may well learn the fundamentals from this course but you will learn more from working alongside an experienced crew.

The thing is we use sand and cement render systems but really want to get into k rend and that so what would you advise? If the course doesn't learn you anything and none of my competitors are happy to take me out and show me the ropes what do I do? Stick to what I know?

Tricky one to answer that, one route would be to take on the work and sub it out to someone with experience and work along side them. Where are you based Stuart?

Been hand applying k rend for a few years but for the last year have sprayed it through my machine.I went on the course just to see if it would give me a little more insite into where and how it's made etc,not for application advice as I didn't learn anything that I didn't already know.it was something different to do to go and see the place it came from.not every ones cup of tea but I enjoyed it and had a good laugh and met a few good lads at the same time.unforchantly we didn't see any of the lovely Irish women you mentioned owls.

Called in there last week as I was passing by. Nice bloke Steve and he showed me different examples of K Lime & roughcast on reasonable sized wall samples to get an idea of texture and finish. Think twice if you are flying with Flybe and intend taking a suitcase or bringing something back what will go in the hold. Your online itinerary might say 1 item of luggage is included but it will not say that on your ticket. Going out with 1 suitcase no problem but coming back Flybe robbed me £40 for the same case! They will deny any 1 item of luggage is included and you cannot print off the online itinerary.

Had enough of these so called budget airlines. Had trouble with everyone of them except Easyjet. From now on it is the ferry.

Anyone tried the new K1? A hand and machine mono softer than the usual K rend.

Status
Not open for further replies.