K rend colours ??

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark ross

Private Member
Just done a small egrade champagne....

Seems the final tone has a yellow tint to it, not at all like the samples given to the customer.(Krend sample book)

Any one else had issues with variations ??

The thing is Mark Mono is a s**t product from whatever company, they wont back you up when it goes wrong and its just laden with different probs colour, staining, cracking i could go on.

That's true. The product is too brittle (well Webers anyway). Ordinary sand and cement two coats and usually no problems. This stuff on refurb needs pre coats fully meshed, and then again at stress areas in the mono. It needs to be improved especially for the refurb market. Too hard, thick and brittle.

Had the same Mark with krends polar white on a refurb,looked more creamier than the sample the customer picked,which they pointed out but was still happy with the job luckily!

That's true. The product is too brittle (well Webers anyway). Ordinary sand and cement two coats and usually no problems. This stuff on refurb needs pre coats fully meshed, and then again at stress areas in the mono. It needs to be improved especially for the refurb market. Too hard, thick and brittle.

Could not agree more R . We now fully mesh everything, I have a refurb in Surrey, 600m2 where have meshed the base coats, and the decorative coats, can't do any more than that..That to is stirling white, and has a slight cream tint to it.

On aposotive note though, We have carried out alot of thin polymeric mesh reenforced systems, over EPS,blue clad, phenolic,existing renders.all finished with acrylics.And to date not a crack in sight.

Last edited:
the colours are hardly ever bang on to the sample book, those books are made in a nice controlled environment indoors, mixed to the exact and dried out the same every time

outdoor temps, scrape times, suctions and mix ratios will shade mono a tad either way. nowt you can really do about that= unless you are God - I mean the other God, not Robbie Fowler:RpS_biggrin:

I think you mean alan shearer not robbie fowler.......... Howay the lads....:flapper:

Status
Not open for further replies.