K Rend colour problem

Members online

dogstail

Hi all,

This may sound ridiculous, but has anyone ever tried adding a lighter coloured k1 to a darker one to reduce how dark it is?

Basically a customer wanted the colour sandstone, so ordered 35 bags in, however now it's came she's decided it's too dark! SIG won't take it back because they've had to order them in, so basically she's wanting us to add a measured amount of white to each mix, to brighten it up. I've explained that I don't really want to do it, but that I would try and see wether anyone has ever had to attempt this before.

Thanks in advance for any help.

She just have to foot the bill for the right color as well as the present one what you ordered in

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It's certainly looking that way. She's desperate for me just to give it a go, rather than having to fork out twice for materials, but I won't do it unless I was to hear of other cases where people have tried it successfully in the past etc.

Would be very hard to get consistent colouring doing that over a large elevation.
You'd need to dry mix all the materials first......more labour time though.
You could just call rend it and get the paint in the colour code she wants then let her paint it. Either way it's got to cost extra.
Tell her to sell the bags on gumtree/eBay and buy the right ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be very hard to get consistent colouring doing that over a large elevation.
You'd need to dry mix all the materials first......more labour time though.
You could just call rend it and get the paint in the colour code she wants then let her paint it. Either way it's got to cost extra.
Tell her to sell the bags on gumtree/eBay and buy the right ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would be the cheaper option

Give rendit a call Monday what he doesn't know about k rend k rend don't know .
I had the same problem about three months ago the customer had all the materials already so I just gave him a labour price he chose polar white thinking it was white but it's cream so after it was finished he said will
It dry white I didn't want cream . Can I paint it .. No I said . I think it's best to do a sample and at least your covered then .

Dry mixing with white dye or even white mono would be very dusty and you would need a 1 ton sand bag to dump it all in.

Is it to be pumped or hand balled?

Could consider a given amount of white dye to a given amount of water well mixed and use that to mix with if hand balled or eze-ed.

Usually dye is added to the cement but I had a lab who back in the 70's only did it the above way and it worked fine. Red dye to water added to a belle mixer of white cement and sand to make light pink dashed with Canterbury Spar.

I did think about ringing rendit and getting a paint instead, like you say it's probably the best option.

It's just to be hand balled on, I never thought about using a dye instead. Do you think that would be a better option than trying to add mono to each mix then?

I did think about ringing rendit and getting a paint instead, like you say it's probably the best option.

It's just to be hand balled on, I never thought about using a dye instead. Do you think that would be a better option than trying to add mono to each mix then?
Adding dye is a ridiculous idea!!!

Done this quite a bit in the past. The only difference between a bag if white and a bag of Sandstone is the pigment content. The bags are weighed to tight tolerances at the plant as its kitemarked so you can quite comfortably mix one bag if white to one of sandstone to half the pigment concentration to lighten it up and be confident of colour consistency. You have to work to full bags though, no need to dry mix just mix with water as normal.

It's only 35 bags sell them and get new bags f**k all that f**k**g about. At the end of the day it's your name on the job.

If that what the customer wants just make sure you use full bag ratios like a 4 bag mix just use 3 to 1 white,throw the white in first so it get it proper mixed.

We have just finished a job in polar white there's about 3 x 100mm x 5mm patches that have been missed with the scraper (over the whole 200m2) but the customer wants them sorting, can we just get onto rendit to get a paint to sort out the colour difference and patch in the paint? It's tiny tbh and isn't in an easy to see place or would we have to re ain't the whole elevation?

Customer is a f**k**g nightmare

I had the same problem about three months ago the customer had all the materials already so I just gave him a labour price he chose polar white thinking it was white but it's cream so after it was finished he said will
It dry white I didn't want cream . Can I paint it .. No I said . I think it's best to do a sample and at least your covered then .
I had the same problem with polar white I couldn't believe the difference between the sample and what was on the wall. Luckily the customer was easy going.

Reactions: Mag