k-lime

Status
Not open for further replies.

User___removed

has anyone used k-lime?there`s a chance of a big job coming up using this.i`ve used k -rend/mono.is it similar to these?the fella in charge mentioned that no beads will used so how difficult will it be scraping off without beads?also loads of bands and coins

i`m amazed that a thread about a bucket trowel, and the best way to load gear on the hawk can get 100 reply`s,yet i`m struggling to get any info on k-lime.been on k-rend website but limited info.is there anyone who`s used this gear that might have any tips!

i`m amazed that a thread about a bucket trowel, and the best way to load gear on the hawk can get 100 reply`s,yet i`m struggling to get any info on k-lime.been on k-rend website but limited info.is there anyone who`s used this gear that might have any tips!
ring krend

i`ll give them a bell this week.no better advice than from a spread who`s used it,instead of some bloke sat in his office.

If its just traditional lime render with a k-rend marketing ploy then you would use it the same way i presume i have done lime rendering and there aint no scraping back involved.

thats what i thought bod. not done alot of lime but the stuff i had done was either rubbed up or skimmed.

Spot on steve I would only presume that this would be used on listed buildings as well or you get the odd eco warrior that wants to use old tried methods but i wouldnt argue as there is still alot of it about today thats been on for hundreds of years.

bobby

have used k lime recently, have applied by machine and hand

costs about 6.00 bag

3 grades

we used the 213 which is ok for backing and a finish (on an old cottage)

there is also a 112 finish which is a finer grade sand

its a hydraulic lime (3.5) and sand,

finish with float and sponge

ok thanks for the reply.a steel float was mentioned on k-rend website so i thought it was a scraped render product.is it ok to use in conparison with other lime renders you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.