K lime

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark ross

Private Member
K Lime finishing grade 213,

Any body had any experience spraying the above material.??

Veiws or opinions most weclome.

Thanks

Mark

I hope so, the 413 is coarse and nasty, you will be needing a deisel machine to even concider it.

Over all, my opinion of the 213 is pretty poor too, what are you spraying it with ?

didn't think the 413 was pumpable ??

yes i am using 3 phase s48

any better material i should be looking at (bit hard to find a lime render bagged to spray?)

413 , No it is def not pumpable, and soul destroying to put on by hand.

We have been applying lime renders and plasters for some years now, both non hydraulic and hydraulic by hand..Like you say bagged lime renders seem thin on the ground.

Have you looked at any of the Limetech products.Baumit renders are sold by them and sold as machine applyable. We are looking at using this in abot a months time in East Sussex.Will see how it goes and let you know.

been hand applying lime render for 12 yrs ----but would like to apply by machine
what problems did you have with 213

i did contact limetech --quite a bit more expensive

let me know how it goes..

job i'me doing as pics in other thread (todays job)
was wanting to make good stone/brickwork /point /dub out

as its pizzed big time ,need to give it a scratch coat ,mesh,

pointless me using a coloured render for this (and more expensive) so a standard lime/sand mix bagged would be fine (no colour)

then apply a through coloured lime render

ian --thanks for link :RpS_thumbup::RpS_thumbup::RpS_thumbup:

duro rend looks good ,just what i need

that's not the one that you had trouble pumping ??

Last edited:
it is, but like i mentioned it stiffens very quick and can be brought out to massive thicknesses in a day. Sprays like pisss

pumped lime with jonesy before and I thought the product was quite heavy and dead compared to other renders so it needed to be pumped quite wet(too wet prob a bit) which was not the best although that was with the dft pump and its 3kw motor. They say lime renders are best pumped by diesel machines so you would think that an electric 5.5kw machine would be the minimum you'd need to turn the gear drier

We found the K lime 213 needed to by really wet too. We did mamage to put it through, but its a pig to use on the wall, like you say heavy and wet.We ran it through a Mtec 300, and it struggled , I think really the 10kva gen we have did not have enough grunt....on reflection this gear is best suited for a diesel.

I would be interested to see who has has put a lime based premix through the Mtec and highly rated the material used.

yes,no problem

will be next week before i get to try these out

got some durorend (limegreen) and some k lime to try through the machine and see which is best ??

will let you know result

have spoken to cpi about them making their bagged lime render pumpable (by hand only at the moment)
they are going to make some for me to try ----should be in the next week or 2

you can spray natural lime yeah? ? if these bagged versions are proving tricky to spray what will the NHL be like

yes,no problem

will be next week before i get to try these out

got some durorend (limegreen) and some k lime to try through the machine and see which is best ??

will let you know result

have spoken to cpi about them making their bagged lime render pumpable (by hand only at the moment)
they are going to make some for me to try ----should be in the next week or 2

Hi Martin,

Any news yet.....how did the lime spraying go ??

hi mark

yeah k lime no problem -

---had some 213 samples from them ,

just wanted to be sure after hearing of problems before ordering 150 bags....

have had a load of work to do on the cottage before rendering (apart from other jobs)so looking next monday for scratch

did try the durorend too was ok but is 4.00 bag dearer ---

but will be using their natural coloured finish

by way i have a clamped d42 rotor /stator

the bagged lime renders need to be wetter than normal -----

3-76F22BD8-1016082-800.jpg

2-86994032-1060429-800.jpg

Klime 213 used on this victorian renovation.

All done traditionally, not a bead in site. Mock ashlar masonary lines ....one of my lads here forming up the head stones the customer decided he wanted.

Attachments

• 2-B8A7B1C0-5996544-800.jpg
    2-B8A7B1C0-5996544-800.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 273
The st astiere topcoat lime can also be scratched back so its ok to mark the lines the next day using a stucco saw.
it only went on at 5mm as well.

Cut them same day Gibbo, to hard to get well defined cut next day Which can mean a long day, the gable on this property was still being lined out at 9pm :RpS_crying:
if you use a stone cutting disc they come out really crisp mark

no you use the stone grinder disc as a hand tool they come out sharp as fcuk john

nice tip gibbo

got a block line job at end of month,will try that

we are hacking off front elevation and re rendering that some joker did last year ---lines are shocking ---

Status
Not open for further replies.