Just want to be a spread but getting pulled back into building game no builders left?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

finefinishwales

Had building business for years but reduced it all down to just me plastering but i'm finding myself being pulled back into it again where have all the builders gone there is so much work out there with nobody bothered to even price it up? We are in recession right?:confused:

Fcuk me, someone moaning that they have work. Building or plastering whats the difference :RpS_confused: just be glad you have work and are earning , plenty of lads on here struggling at the mo.

Well don't moan about having work, where i am its dead, too many workers too little jobs.

been ages since i had a job longer than a week.

Priced a job yesterday guy just said get on with it I was recommended but guy asked three builders and nobody turned up to quote? just removing a wall putting lintel in to support above ceiling and make good. is it that they don't know how to do it or can't be arsed?

Good for you,keep taking it while its there,plenty down the pub will be blaming foreigners and you can keep earning while they chat..

Priced a job yesterday guy just said get on with it I was recommended but guy asked three builders and nobody turned up to quote? just removing a wall putting lintel in to support above ceiling and make good. is it that they don't know how to do it or can't be arsed?
Usually can't be arsed! Can only make £200 instead of £1000 for a days work!.

It depends on what the chartered structural surveyor recommended for the job, some works lead to full picture frame rsj ,a mass of concrete as pins and supporting the steel,massive difference to a van pulling up with acros and a large rsj ,knocking a hole out and sticking in a steel under 2 six inch blocks!

It depends on what the chartered structural surveyor recommended for the job, some works lead to full picture frame rsj ,a mass of concrete as pins and supporting the steel,massive difference to a van pulling up with acros and a large rsj ,knocking a hole out and sticking in a steel under 2 six inch blocks!

I'm just talking about the latter, a job where they tend to just over estimate rather than spend another £150-£300 on a structural engineer

Problem with un certified works is the fact it raises its had if you sell the property.thats why a lot of dubious properties go to auction,no paper trail needed,its the buyers problem

Status
Not open for further replies.