Just to say hello

Members online

No members online now.

chrismar2611

Hi all,

I'm new on here so thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 32 from Manchester and work for a large contractor on a self employed basis mainly on social housing jobs. The work is reliable and reasonably easy but starting to think about finding my own work and going it alone as my earnings are restricted due to rarely getting price work. I do my own work at weekends and I'm just getting to the point where I'm getting too much work to fit in just at weekends.

Any advise from anyone who has made a similar move would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Hi all,

I'm new on here so thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 32 from Manchester and work for a large contractor on a self employed basis mainly on social housing jobs. The work is reliable and reasonably easy but starting to think about finding my own work and going it alone as my earnings are restricted due to rarely getting price work. I do my own work at weekends and I'm just getting to the point where I'm getting too much work to fit in just at weekends.

Any advise from anyone who has made a similar move would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
Go for it pal..u on day rate all time? Grass isn't always greener tho pal

Welcome along bud, search through the archives on here. Benn lots of advice shared about sourcing work. Best of luck [emoji106]

Welcome mate, I recently did something similar left long term employment at a firm and went alone. Was getting to much work and struggled to fit it all in weekends and evenings. so left and so far it's going great but am still working weekends and evenings I can't say no to work.

Go for it,leave on good terms with the contractor your are working for at the mo and if things go a bit tight you can always ring up if to see if there's anything doing.

Welcome matey, just go for it if you've enough work. Remember the grass green thing though. Work can sometimes be hit and miss.
"Faint heart never f**k*d a pig."
All the best.
:sisi:
IMG_4751.JPG

Thanks for the comments gents. I think I will start to put things into place ready to go on my own once Christmas is out of the way. I've been invited to a networking group local to me on Friday morning, I'll go just for a chat and to see what the crack is but does anyone use networking to get work? I'm not really sure what to expect.