just starting out advice needed

Members online

cljnewbie

Hi all, i have been on an ok plastering course and started my first job, thankfully for a family member so i had leeway to make a few mistakes along the way......long story short realised quite quickly that i had taken on a bit much as my first job luckily my uncle was able to come in and help he made the whole thing look effortless.
I'm there with my fancy new trowels and he pulls out this thing that looked older than me :LOL: prob was...anyhooo he showed me how to speed up and finish properly which was great....one thing about learning I've found you can't put a price on experience.
so i now need to replaster the first section i did which is 2 walls and a ceiling which came out.....ummmmm not so great.
2 coats of multi finsh on this section I've been told to use watery pva.....my question is do i have to do anything else to the new plaster I've already laid down?

Hi all, i have been on an ok plastering course and started my first job, thankfully for a family member so i had leeway to make a few mistakes along the way......long story short realised quite quickly that i had taken on a bit much as my first job luckily my uncle was able to come in and help he made the whole thing look effortless.
I'm there with my fancy new trowels and he pulls out this thing that looked older than me :LOL: prob was...anyhooo he showed me how to speed up and finish properly which was great....one thing about learning I've found you can't put a price on experience.
so i now need to replaster the first section i did which is 2 walls and a ceiling which came out.....ummmmm not so great.
2 coats of multi finsh on this section I've been told to use watery pva.....my question is do i have to do anything else to the new plaster I've already laid down?
@essexandy

Give up while you still can.

First question; if you wanted to learn the trade why didn't you do it the proper way and work with your uncle rather than shitty, fulloffuckingbollocks course?
Second question; why the f**k did your relation get you, a complete no nothing, to do the job rather than your uncle, obviously experienced, in the first place?
Third question; why the f**k are you asking for advice on here rather than talking to the bloke that dug you out of the shite last time?
Conclusion; IFUCKINGHATECOURSERS
You're very welcome.

First question; if you wanted to learn the trade why didn't you do it the proper way and work with your uncle rather than shitty, fulloffuckingbollocks course?
Second question; why the f**k did your relation get you, a complete no nothing, to do the job rather than your uncle, obviously experienced, in the first place?
Third question; why the f**k are you asking for advice on here rather than talking to the bloke that dug you out of the shite last time?
Conclusion; IFUCKINGHATECOURSERS
You're very welcome.
BB1B7EDD-F21C-4B47-8147-1EBCBE8CD9E3.gif

Serious question. If you came away from the course unable to finish the job, then how do you figure it was an ok course. And what did you actually learn if it wasn't how to finish plaster?