just my luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrim88

anybody had any burst pipes over the hols, mine went on boxing day and brought the whole ceiling down with it, lucky enough the house is insured and ill putting in a big bill for the plasterer (ME) to fix it lol. :RpS_biggrin:

lol every cloud and all that... but I can only imagine how annoying it is

Touch wood every one I know has been ok

got another job to price. same thing happened pipes burst in the ceiling. 5M2 ceiling in a local school just needs bonded and skimmed what you think £70 - £80 including a bag of bonding and multi??????

got another job to price. same thing happened pipes burst in the ceiling. 5M2 ceiling in a local school just needs bonded and skimmed what you think £70 - £80 including a bag of bonding and multi??????

I just don't know who's takin the piss or whose for real on here any more:RpS_unsure:

Yeah Danny every cloud an all that, we might all get busy on busted ceilings with all these frozen pipes - time to get friendly with your plumbing associates lads:RpS_thumbup:

just wanted to know what you guys thought as iv just gone self employed, doesnt seem to be a very friendly fourm. :RpS_thumbdn:

just wanted to know what you guys thought as iv just gone self employed, doesnt seem to be a very friendly fourm. :RpS_thumbdn:

It is though mate :RpS_thumbup:
but if youve been plastering for 6 years then surely you should know how long it will take you to do a 5m2 ceiling??

Unless you are a fake of course??

Hi Scrim,

There have been a lot of fake accounts recently and some members are finding it hard to believe some of the posts as they could be a wind up. Its something I am working on stopping and I will be doing everything in my power to stop it happening.

The forum is very friendly but this time of teh year people get fed up and take it out on the forum so nothing personal :)

As a response to your question

its too cheap!! if its insurance I would go excessively high... if you know your def going to get the work then offer a kick back to teh client, the question on ethics thats your call.

In my opinon there is no such thing as half a day... so always a minimum charge of £150 for the day... thats my opinion and if everybody stuck to not dropping below then everybody would be on a decent wage.

Danny

lol i no i just always panic when i give out prices, defently not a fake, got my nvq level 3 and all incase i decide to go to australia

Pricing is the hardest part of this game but it comes with trial and error... sometimes if you are not sure what to price give a high price on the spot and see their reaction, if they squirm then you know its too high :) I personally dont like always giving prices on the spot but you kinder get to know what needs to be done at the time.

But I dont do half days

Danny

Hi Scrim,

There have been a lot of fake accounts recently and some members are finding it hard to believe some of the posts as they could be a wind up. Its something I am working on stopping and I will be doing everything in my power to stop it happening.

The forum is very friendly but this time of teh year people get fed up and take it out on the forum so nothing personal :)

its too cheap!! if its insurance I would go excessively high... if you know your def going to get the work then offer a kick back to teh client, the question on ethics thats your call.

In my opinon there is no such thing as half a day... so always a minimum charge of £150 for the day... thats my opinion and if everybody stuck to not dropping below then everybody would be on a decent wage.

Danny

thanks danny. £100 a day here is the norm, so think ill just go for that.

really?? now whos the fake lol only joking well yeah mayb i shoud go to £150, thanks again for your advise

no probs and yes £800 was a kitchen ceiling water damaged and needed overboard etc I gave the customer back their excess out of it :)

But that was yonks ago I dread to think what you would get now in these economic conditions :-(

I usually double the quote on insurance work, and, like danny, if the customer looks cosher I'll offer them their excess back and add that to the quote as well.

Hi Scrim,

Danny

So true.

I usually double the quote on insurance work, and, like danny, if the customer looks cosher I'll offer them their excess back and add that to the quote as well.

I always interview 'em first.
You gotta make sure that you know where they work before making any 'proposals'.
" I know your face, do you work in town somewhere?" or summat like that...........and that goes for ALL jobs:RpS_wink:

Lol! If they're wearing grey and look ratfaced they're taxmen kind of thing?

I've done a few privates for people who work for HM revenue! They're the worst for trying to dodge a bit of tax and save some money!

I do it cos when I once asked this bird for a payment in part cash, part cheque she said no problem, but her c*nt of a husbahd rang me back that evening and told me that: No.1. "We didn't agree on any staged payments" and No.2. "As for cash, I can't do that - I work for the Inland Revenue. I won't be party to such a thing" The cheeky facka. I explained to him that it saved me money by not having to pay the thieving bank to get my own money out of my account(bank charges) and - of course - he would receive receipts and an invoice to the full amount anyhow.

Went to do a water leak insurance quote today.
walks inthrough front door and first question that spurts out my mouth is loss addjuster been yet?This house was a mess !!!!!

Reply :- No i rang insurance and they said not needed unless quote more than £2000.

Now i been in the house all of about 10 seconds and know the hire of industrial de humidifiers is gonna come to £2000 cus this is a big big house and in a right mess.

Any how needs full rewire, all ceilings knackerd on both floors,all s/c needs hacking off,full decoration new carpets through out.
All new wood work skirting and doors as there solid wood and will swell and buckle.
Then theres are little matter of where there gonna live whilst the works beiong done ? Hotel bills.

ANd the silly old t w a t that owns the house told me he thought it would cost less than £2000 to re paint ????? wtf ??

Just working it all out now and so far i totted up £27,000 and i willnearly double it once i got a final price.

Just been talking to the missus about it, i hope so Chris would be very welcome right now mate.
I got a bit on but i could soon cancel it.
This house is a fckin mess,guys been on holiday for 2 weeks over christmas.
Pipe has burst going to tank in loft all over the house no stop for around 2 weeks it also been in temps down to minus -15 this is why i n know its all goytta come off every last bit.Without a doubt !!!
Will be a £40 -£50 k job if i get it.
But ive quoted for these before and never had i sniff so il have to see.

That's cos the insurers are using their own people more and more nowadays skimmin, ya need to get on their lists.

Hes insured with a company called payment shield, i never heard of them before.
Some use there own people some dont,but at the end of the day if the customer insists they use there contractor insurers will allow once loss adjuster got a price worked out.
If your cheaper insurance will allow you to do work.

Status
Not open for further replies.