Just mastered the s*p*r*lex ...I'm so emotional right now

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajdbuild

I've just mastered the flex no tigers ,no bumps .i used the trowel before but had problems but this time I think from past use it wore in abit and I used no water at all well about a tea spoons worth to clean the edges and I jumped on it soaking wet after speed skim and let it go hard and trowel with it put different pressures behind it and fuk all went wrong . The best way to use them is get through the wearing In stage and then don't use any water wateva so Eva and there sweet

doesnt make sense to me that mate.. why would you speedskim then go straight over with the ff whilst its soaking wet ? anyway, if it works for you, my opinion is better flattening off with the mt or whatever, and getting on with the sf when its pulled in a bit..

Not soaking wet I speed skim it soaking wet .... Then jumped on the skim when it was slightly wetter than I usaully go on it but its working!!il still fuk around with it trying new ways of flattening but the trowel is working for me and with more use .il onli perfect it more .....aren't you relieved cassie ?? No more moany posts about the flex

I've just mastered the flex no tigers ,no bumps .i used the trowel before but had problems but this time I think from past use it wore in abit and I used no water at all well about a tea spoons worth to clean the edges and I jumped on it soaking wet after speed skim and let it go hard and trowel with it put different pressures behind it and fuk all went wrong . The best way to use them is get through the wearing In stage and then don't use any water wateva so Eva and there sweet

Great news - Just hoping it's a NELA?

Yeh it's the nela I'm well pleased I hated them before but suddenly has come to me and il only get better with it

Told ya :)

I fecked a wall up teh other day and one wall left a really really starnge mark in it... but I think its teh crap light I am working in and the fact I cannot be bother at the moment :D

My s*p*r*lex got bent in the van today due to the gormless labourer! Nearly broke my heart! Hate finishing of with the
MTSS and another note I hate this time of year with poxy lights - can't get a true finish! Me and my pal worked nightshift used a halogen - never again!

anyoffers on the nelas..... @Plasterers1StopShop

Last edited by a moderator:
My s*p*r*lex got bent in the van today due to the gormless labourer! Nearly broke my heart! Hate finishing of with the
MTSS and another note I hate this time of year with poxy lights - can't get a true finish! Me and my pal worked nightshift used a halogen - never again!

anyoffers on the nelas..... @Plasterers1StopShop

Hold that halogen up against ya walls and shine it down them. They will look fantastic

Last edited by a moderator:
Nearly all my walls and ceilings have been finished recentky in crap lighting. ... does my head in....

You leave at the end of the day and it all looks good. .. get back the following day and think how **** did i not see that..... looks like a badger has had rough s*x all over it... ffs

Halogen lights and the sun, you will never win against them! And I don't mean the news paper lol

Halogen lights and the sun, you will never win against them! And I don't mean the news paper lol

Couldn't agree more mate yet I've just worked on a site where the Clark of works was aright nightmare after working nightshift and being provided one halogen light! Also did limelight renivating and impact finish on a massive staircase with 3 no 3m x 2.2m windows letting light hit the walls on 3 floors that was bad! Hate that stuff!

Nearly all my walls and ceilings have been finished recentky in crap lighting. ... does my head in....

You leave at the end of the day and it all looks good. .. get back the following day and think how **** did i not see that..... looks like a badger has had rough s*x all over it... ffs

Badger s*x lol,

Danny did you see the lighting and power stand from el-bjorn at the ricoh tool fair?.
You need to try a wheedle a set out of them to review, there the tits mate.
El-Björn - Floodlight

What lights do you guys recommend, l.e.d or what??? I had some trouble with nela, so I kinda mix it up, first hit with nela, then use the ol Faithfull marshalltown, then back to nela and so on...

Couldn't agree more mate yet I've just worked on a site where the Clark of works was aright nightmare after working nightshift and being provided one halogen light! Also did limelight renivating and impact finish on a massive staircase with 3 no 3m x 2.2m windows letting light hit the walls on 3 floors that was bad! Hate that stuff!

You didn't think to supply your own light then,lol?

Not soaking wet I speed skim it soaking wet .... Then jumped on the skim when it was slightly wetter than I usaully go on it but its working!!il still fuk around with it trying new ways of flattening but the trowel is working for me and with more use .il onli perfect it more .....aren't you relieved cassie ?? No more moany posts about the flex
Hi there do u use the nela to lay in the 2nd coat n r do u open the trowel up later to get a flatter finish with no water after the closing in trowel

Hi there do u use the nela to lay in the 2nd coat n r do u open the trowel up later to get a flatter finish with no water after the closing in trowel

s*p*r*lex trowels are finishing trowels and so they are not normally used for laying on :)

I finish a bit earlier with the s*p*r*lex as I don't need water to splash on the surfaces :)

s*p*r*lex trowels are finishing trowels and so they are not normally used for laying on :)

I finish a bit earlier with the s*p*r*lex as I don't need water to splash on the surfaces :)

I didn't think i'd bother replacing my superflax but i'm gunna have to. A couple of days back on a wet MT trowel and im sick of seeing the watermarks. Doesn't matter how much you try it doesn't look as clean after as a nela*.

*This isn't a paid advertisment but i'll happily do one next time for a free trowel or two.

I put on with my first coat with mt second with ragni flatten off with nela then with refina then back with neala then speedskim then nela then refina one more time with speedskim then back next day to give a dry polish with refina and nela! Honest!! Painters love me!:tonto::risas2:3:club:

I didn't think i'd bother replacing my superflax but i'm gunna have to. A couple of days back on a wet MT trowel and im sick of seeing the watermarks. Doesn't matter how much you try it doesn't look as clean after as a nela*.

*This isn't a paid advertisment but i'll happily do one next time for a free trowel or two.

Lol

Process same as above.. Use the nela today to finish rather than a plastic which is a first in a long time to me.. Only used water on a brush to wet the blade of the nela

I've had a nela for about 2 months and I can't get to grips with it at all I keep on getting tiger stripes on it so I've. Binned it off and gone back to my plaziflex

Yeh get what yer saying I'd seen on a YouTube vid Rivera /uni finish review he'd used to lay on
Would u recommend roughing trowel with some sandpaper as I tend to get it sticking or digging in wall when I never had that with the MT
but it wont flatten bumps in where u would with MT so u saying getting on it quicker with s*p*r*lex u should flatten bumps in ????

Yeh get what yer saying I'd seen on a YouTube vid Rivera /uni finish review he'd used to lay on
Would u recommend roughing trowel with some sandpaper as I tend to get it sticking or digging in wall when I never had that with the MT
but it wont flatten bumps in where u would with MT so u saying getting on it quicker with s*p*r*lex u should flatten bumps in ????
The riviera vids are @Olican he didn't use the s*p*r*lex to lay on, I'm sure it was the nela premium trowel straight out of the box whitch is a roughing on trowel.

Status
Not open for further replies.