Just finished a job that I shouldn't of started

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad33

Kitchen in wigan, original plasterer kicked off and walked off the job cos he wouldn't scrape off some wall paper that was behind wall units! He wanted more money which is understanding I suppose any way he returned the next day with a sledge hammer and bashed all the work he had started! I think sometimes u have just got to get on with it and take it on the chin win it back on the next one!

Ha the customer doesn't even know his name as the builder who is fitting the new kitchen recommended him and he says he doesn't want nothing to do with it farce big time

I wouldnt strip wall paper for free either ... if its not on the quote then its an extra, people try take the piss and its more fool them for working for free .

Never had a customer say i want you off the job cos ive been honest enough to tell them right away if theres extra work.... especially when most say it'll all be stripped etc

Seen it and tried on many times .... to the point where id rather not work for someone than them think they can 'throw' extras into jobs and i'll do it for nothing ... just having the piss taken out of you tbh imo

Did a job a couple of weeks ago, price it fine wallpaper stripped all but behind the TV that was on the wall.. Told her I need TV and bracket off, wallpaper off, rad and skirting off on one wall as it was getting boarded..

This woman I new was going to be a nightmare!!! A know it all through and through.. My ex was a plasterer and all this shite!

Came and everything was exactly as it was when I left!!! Said to her what's the deal? 'Well couldn't get my plumber or anyone to take TV off etc!! I was fckin ragging that I had come 30 odd miles to this ****!

Wasn't about to lose a days money and fuel so said I will take bracket off, skirting and feather into the rad! But want more money she said fine, did everything I needed to do and was packing up.. She came in and said can I put the bracket up and put the skirting back on!!! Errr no I fckin can't!!

The price I gave you was to take them off not put them back on!! Plus you will need new skirting which I told her on day one!!

Was so close to smashing all the work up!!!

Bit my lip and put the TV up told her she can fk off if she's thinks I'm doing the skirting!!

As I was leaving she said have I got a card and I said yes thanks!! Don't call ever again!!

:RpS_cursing:

Did a job a couple of weeks ago, price it fine wallpaper stripped all but behind the TV that was on the wall.. Told her I need TV and bracket off, wallpaper off, rad and skirting off on one wall as it was getting boarded..

This woman I new was going to be a nightmare!!! A know it all through and through.. My ex was a plasterer and all this shite!

Came and everything was exactly as it was when I left!!! Said to her what's the deal? 'Well couldn't get my plumber or anyone to take TV off etc!! I was fckin ragging that I had come 30 odd miles to this ****!

Wasn't about to lose a days money and fuel so said I will take bracket off, skirting and feather into the rad! But want more money she said fine, did everything I needed to do and was packing up.. She came in and said can I put the bracket up and put the skirting back on!!! Errr no I fckin can't!!

The price I gave you was to take them off not put them back on!! Plus you will need new skirting which I told her on day one!!

Was so close to smashing all the work up!!!

Bit my lip and put the TV up told her she can fk off if she's thinks I'm doing the skirting!!

As I was leaving she said have I got a card and I said yes thanks!! Don't call ever again!!

:RpS_cursing:
my ex?

[h=2]Just finished a job that I shouldn't of started[/h]
Shouldn't HAVE started.

Shouldn't HAVE started..

Why would a plumber take the bracket of the wall. The plasterer is the only one who needs it off. She give you extra money to take it off. I would put it back on for free. Think thats how you get a good name and more work. Maybe next time you can give her pipes a good seeing too.

Why would a plumber take the bracket of the wall. The plasterer is the only one who needs it off. She give you extra money to take it off. I would put it back on for free. Think thats how you get a good name and more work. Maybe next time you can give her pipes a good seeing too.

The point is I came in and was just expected to do all of it rad as well! I only asked for an extra £20, which I said I will take bracket and skirt off.. She had a 5 bed house that rented 4 rooms out to fellas anyone of them could have done it??

as said I would never work for her again! She was more than happy with the work etc, she actually said to me I have 2 more rooms for you to do if you could give me a price, I said no thanks, took my money and went..

Status
Not open for further replies.