Just bought one of these..

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpankySouthport

Private Member
179EEFC0-3958-4F53-BCBE-C1CEFB617073-3370-0000016968822E0F_zps32332944.jpg

A little excessive for removing render!! Weights a tonne :glare:

...........................let me guess :RpS_unsure: ...............6Kg ...................:rolleyes)

5kg fckin monster gonna be killer may take it back :(, I wanted to have a dual purpose sds but its clearly not viable..

what do you have sub? Just a 2kg for all works drilling, breaking, removing plasters?

2kj the workhorse for most things with us, heard good things about the Milwaukee, but our makitas been going strong for six years now with a fair bit of usage

2kj the workhorse for most things with us, heard good things about the Milwaukee, but our makitas been going strong for six years now with a fair bit of usage

Got to strip pebble dash soon and there's nothing wrong with it what so ever so gonna be a tw*t to remove..

would you use your makita to remove this? They are only 650 watt aren't they? Would it not burn out?

av got one and its mint for the price, had it ages.....................:RpS_thumbsup:. only down side is that the chisel bits dont last long so get some decent ones............:RpS_wink:. and if ya struggling with the weight of it just erm..............................fu@king man up you fag.................:rolleyes)

av got one and its mint for the price, had it ages.....................:RpS_thumbsup:. only down side is that the chisel bits dont last long so get some decent ones............:RpS_wink:. and if ya struggling with the weight of it just erm..............................fu@king man up you fag.................:rolleyes)

Yeah heard they snap a lot! Which bit do you use 40mm or 75mm?

depends what the back ground is like . if its rock hard then i used the pointy bit to start then switched to the 75mm. if its a massive area i would of hired a breaker cos it would have come with decent bits..............:RpS_wink:

seriously Sdanky when i started by my self, i bought a 6Kg titan, used it for everything , stripping render, braking concreted , mixing multi, even fixing door frames. it got me through until i could afford better gear. for the £ it was all right

I'eve got one of the Titan drills ideal I reckon for the price, more powerful then sds makitas a d Bosch for hacking render off just use and abuse lol

I use Bosch 5kg breakers. If it is hard to get off then I hire and wear someone else,s tool out.

The 2 kg might be a little under powerd if its flint hard spank but if memory serves right makita and others have brought out more powerful versions, even three or four kg models might be ideal...

Fck it will stick with this thing then!! Brother has the same one only used it once so spending mine back and taking that of him for 40 notes winner!!
:RpS_thumbsup:

Same as Rigsby, hire one for heavy duty work or use my own (Bosch 2kg) for light stuff :RpS_thumbup:

we use hilti te22 drills, they are the best for ewi. for knocking off we have a range of bosch breakers, the light ones are nice to use but the heavier are fastest.

we use hilti te22 drills, they are the best for ewi. for knocking off we have a range of bosch breakers, the light ones are nice to use but the heavier are fastest.

Hilti cordless, no annoying genny or leads. Batteries cost a mint though.

Hilti cordless, no annoying genny or leads. Batteries cost a mint though.
Yeah but hilti are doing 2 year warranty on all parts which includes accidental damage sooooo if you accidentily drop your battery :RpS_wink:
you can get a new one :RpS_thumbsup:

4lkRrgPR3Hu_lvXOmp9cLOuxit_qFlSJB1FWMgONGPc=w276-h207-p-no

Here's one thats seen a bit of action, it is a 6kg and it's done a few jobs. I got it to take off dashing on the back off a house a few years ago with the notion that if it just did that job and broke it would have earnt its money but it's still okay. I even got a curved chisel to get behind the render and an adaptor to put a whisk in it for emergencies.
Tips. Don't try and lever the render off with it, they will break around the collar as they are made of monkey metal,i broke my builders one like that :eek: and keep the grease topped up, they eat it. I reckon they're worth £45 all day

I was on a job today and some lads were doing work on the drains and using one of these to break the concrete so i asked if i could see how heavy it was. My question now is do you have arms like a 4 yr old Spanky :RpS_lol:

I was on a job today and some lads were doing work on the drains and using one of these to break the concrete so i asked if i could see how heavy it was. My question now is do you have arms like a 4 yr old Spanky :RpS_lol:

spankster only carries one bag of finish at a time....................:rolleyes)

Haha any Puney limbs!! No it's was alright tbh not as heavy in action as I thought it would have been..

Quite pleased with the purchase as well hope it lasts for a little while :RpS_thumbsup:

gone are the days of carrying 4 bags while loading a pallet in to flats!! Reckon that hasn't helped the back at all!

just the one for me or labby's job preferably :RpS_sneaky:

Fu@k carrying two bags marra........................:RpS_thumbdn:

Status
Not open for further replies.