Just a theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

flynnyman

Now this is just a theory so dont take it as fact, BG are bringing out a new plaster uni finish which will get rid of the need for PVA. Lets say im BG here is what i would do, i would bring the plaster out but not tell anyone, i would package it up in lets say a Multie finish bag just to test it, its gotta be the best way to test a new plaster to the masses. Yeh im gonna get some complaints about how its workin, but aslong as im not getting any complaints about it falling off it works as a plaster. Maybe i can tweek it a bit coz some people are saying its going off too quick so i add a bit more retarder. With this theory in mind today i tested a bag of multie on a small artexed ceiling without any PVA and you would not believe what happened? Lets look at the evidence;

1) Multie has been playing up recently
2) Casper recieved a bag of uni in a multie bag
3) Every complaint has not been taken serious
4) There isnt any info about the product on BG website (yet)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm what do you recon am i goin mad LOL

Can't argue with your theory flynnymarra, The thought had crossed my mind, given what's been said on here? And yes your goin mad, just like the rest of us on this uni finish trip

Last edited:
Doubt it they must have some proper thick lads at bg if they can't get it right in house

it's strange it's not on board finish bags only multi. What difference is it to them that a spread applies pva before skimming on
old walls. £8 per bag

Well, my ceiling is still there...so far. And yes henry, i went back to finish the ceiling today and PVA'd the other half. just to see what happens.

Well, my ceiling is still there...so far. And yes henry, i went back to finish the ceiling today and PVA'd the other half. just to see what happens.

well your not sold on it casper so I dont think am in a hurry to use it. I thought we used pva to bond
multi to ceilings or walls and not just suction control.

Bg never endorsed usin pva with their plasters, use bond it only! Now they bring out a finish you don't need to use pva??? Seems a bit of an admission? If you can't beat them join them!, hope we dont have to mix it with hot water Pmsl, I only have a small kettle:RpS_sneaky::RpS_lol:

so is this the end of thistle bond it ??..........have BG dropped a bollock..........on friday the BG rep said they didnt do a summer/winter switch anyway.......which was handy cos i never knew about it anyway till reading it on here

Bg never endorsed usin pva with their plasters, use bond it only! Now they bring out a finish you don't need to use pva??? Seems a bit of an admission? If you can't beat them join them!, hope we dont have to mix it with hot water Pmsl, I only have a small kettle:RpS_sneaky::RpS_lol:

maybe the uni will come in pot noodle size packages then FA.........pot noodle patching plaster pot.............:RpS_thumbup:

so is this the end of thistle bond it ??..........have BG dropped a bollock..........on friday the BG rep said they didnt do a summer/winter switch anyway.......which was handy cos i never knew about it anyway till reading it on here

And this where it has never added up. When we went to the BG works they denied that they change the plaster witht the seasons and yet I've had a few reps and merchants say that they do. My own feeling is also that they do.

Will it get rid of bond it? it says pva but pva is nothing like bond it, bond it is used pre dab on concrete walls and probably a few other substrates, im sure it will become clear what it can be used on but doubt it will get rid of bond-it, but at £49 a pop in B&Q i doubt they sell much anyway.

yer all getting a tad excited about a new plaster and you all seem to think its taking over from multi and pva but its only an other option i mean how many times you went to a job to skim and found it had an oil based paint underneith pvad it and sat there or had to come back next day to skim it this way a couple of bags of uni in the van no need for next day and £9 not so bad remember bg also has a plaster called one coat plster at £10ner workes out te same as useing bonding and finnish. i think its good there comming out with new stuff can only help as long as they dont put the price of multi up .to cover there costs okay

If you went over an unpainted wall what's in uni plaster that stops the moisture getting sucked out and crazing

yer all getting a tad excited about a new plaster and you all seem to think its taking over from multi and pva but its only an other option i mean how many times you went to a job to skim and found it had an oil based paint underneith pvad it and sat there or had to come back next day to skim it this way a couple of bags of uni in the van no need for next day and £9 not so bad remember bg also has a plaster called one coat plster at £10ner workes out te same as useing bonding and finnish. i think its good there comming out with new stuff can only help as long as they dont put the price of multi up .to cover there costs okay
Lol, don't think it's excitement? Mabye a bit of confusion and apprehension on how it will work, if it's onto oily based paint and only for that kinda surface fair enough, but I wouldn't use pva anyway on glossy surface, feck that! Hangin about for ages waitin for it tacky up,it's on dusty high suction backgrounds I'm wondering how it will perform?? As for one coat, I don't think it flies off the shelf as a replacement for bonding and finish, Ive used it fir fillin chases and patching only. We'll just have to sit tight and wait till it comes out and judge it for ourselves,,,, oh the excitement , and tension?:-0:RpS_laugh:

Yep. When it fcuks up and starts fallin off walls it'll just be more proof that plastering is a scumbag trade thats easy and anyone can do lol.

Bring on them coursers and polish workers!

Just been stood behind some in aldi today buying handboards and trowels :RpS_lol: i mean polish lads.

was it not 5 polish lads H. only 1 carrying all the gear and the others watching and smoking strong european cigarettes and counting there dole money??

If you went over an unpainted wall what's in uni plaster that stops the moisture getting sucked out and crazing

It's all in the polymers :RpS_wink: The first coat does dry very quickly, like multi, but the 2nd seems to resist. I had to see it to believe it...

Status
Not open for further replies.