joints baffling ?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

plastered46

hi please could you help me with a baffling subject ive been a plasterer for 36 years so i aint new to the trade . question is drylining side of things the next step is skimming out using fibre tape on all joints and skim two coat work and trowel up to a perfect job no ripples bulges or anything like that .trouble is after the painters have moved in there is a tendency for the joints to start bulging you can see the joints from top to bottom it only happens on certain jobs . i could go weeks plastering houses with no problems at all its a very strange occurrence baffling in fact and it dont make my work look good is it to do with moisture in the building also im using solid dabs around all the joints when dry lining any suggestions please look forward to reply regards paul

ye i know m8 its a bummer though . the joints are perfect when finished soon as its painted and heating on they swell .the joints dont crack with fibre tape they bloody swell . i think its more to do with dampness and moisture maybe

Are you going round filling all the joints letting them dry then skimming all the walls at a seperate time?

no to last post just done what ive done since the drylining system came out dry line house and board next scrim all joints with fibre tape skim 1st coat 2nd coat trowel up jobs a gooden .it dont always happen and yes tapered boards i dont think that makes a difference its happened on normal boards to

Status
Not open for further replies.