Jointing Trowel

Members online

fraseramos

Probably making a tit of myself, I’m a tape and jointer and some of the plasterboard I’m working with is horrendous, so I’m looking for a ‘hybrid’ trowel.

I have a mt permashape, and a Nela mediflex. The mediflex is slightly too flexible and, and the permashape is sometimes too rigid, this being for the first coat (filler.) Whether I need to wait for the permashape to break in a bit more (being new to the trade) I’m not sure.

If anyone has any recommendations as to whether I just need to wait for the permashape to break in, or anyone can recommend a trowel between the mediflex and permashape in terms of flexibility, please help!

Cheers!

Kraft optiflex will be

Also refina s*p*r*lex 2 and 3

Dewalt 0.5 aswell

But probably the refina finatex 2 will suit the best.

Probably making a tit of myself, I’m a tape and jointer and some of the plasterboard I’m working with is horrendous, so I’m looking for a ‘hybrid’ trowel.

I have a mt permashape, and a Nela mediflex. The mediflex is slightly too flexible and, and the permashape is sometimes too rigid, this being for the first coat (filler.) Whether I need to wait for the permashape to break in a bit more (being new to the trade) I’m not sure.

If anyone has any recommendations as to whether I just need to wait for the permashape to break in, or anyone can recommend a trowel between the mediflex and permashape in terms of flexibility, please help!

Cheers!
9D1615BE-CDD4-4C8C-83F5-9D3C01950895.jpeg

If you’re hand taping those two trowel you use are useless IMO. This 11” Ragni carbon is a dead flat trowel which is what you want, not a curved Perma or a semi-flex. Your looking to block out your joints flat. If you’re a hand taper these two tools are your bread & butter.

Cheers!
I use the Nela s*p*r*lex for jointing and its sound.