joddy mixer

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
craigpalmer18 said:
just out of curiousity anyone mixed dry wall adhesive or soundcoat in one of these?
not put it through myself nut have spoken to the manufactuer and says you can.

cheers boys i thought it might be easier when dabbing a house out on your own through some drywall adhesive in and let it mix whilst your cutting boards up

mine never worked wigan lad ripped right off ..........could have a 8 bed and the poss of a run of site work ......all possabilities though mate

spunky said:
mine never worked wigan lad ripped right off ..........could have a 8 bed and the poss of a run of site work ......all possabilities though mate
thought you got it running mate. can you not just replace the pump. we the same . we are meant to start in cov this week. but seems we were jst promised the job so we completed the last 1. stil waiting to hear from contracts manager. good luck with the joddy mate. brilliant tool. be sure to keep your old 1 though for spares

will do mate, we were running the hose to it direct and still couldnt get a consistent mix .....dont know could still be us but i spent a solid 2 hours and 15 bags on it trying to get it going

i did sorry mate shouldve posted it .............its 50 quid a week plus v.a.t and £35 each way delivery, he said to try and give him 5 days notice

spunky said:
i did sorry mate shouldve posted it .............its 50 quid a week plus v.a.t and £35 each way delivery, he said to try and give him 5 days notice
nice 1. you gna give it a go then , wen the right job comes up

spunky said:
would you do a job without one mate out of choice ?
not a chance. its such an efficient way of workin, it great. even wenn the lab turns back to rub up it keeps chucking it out. never waiting for gear. fresh mixes`also every time.

richardbrown said:
I was gonna buy one but the owner of ref**a told me they are complete S.h.i.t.e
i feel as though fe is wrong mate. ive been using it now for 7 years now. thier quality. we turn ours on in the morning and start spreadin a wall on betweent the 2 ov us. then 1 drops back to rule in and th other carries on spreading . . sometime the ruler jumps on the trowel to finish a wall so he can rule it. but we have a prity good system. we dnt need to turn it off really, apart from we human and need 5 mins sometimes. lab fills joddy keeps water buts toped up, and rubbs up and cleans up behind us. we do this till about half 11. then turn back to skim the firs half. it manages 45 bags easy. 50 on good wrk 30ish on bits of shite. you should at leas hire 1 for a few weeks b4 completeley dismissing. beats the whisk any day.

rich, refina do there own type of joddy which is a lot more expensive so he would say that mate, and he's a fine one to talk when you look at some of there own tools, reveal square with non stainless adjusting bolts so they end up rusting and you cant adjust them anymore, adjustable angle trowel with a hinge welded to form the nose which leaves dirty great lines down your angle.

Used one for a long time the dogs honest , we tried to clean it one afternoon and took the paddle off which bent the powder stem thing and never could turn powder off again, this was after about five years, worth their weight imo, more importantly it was the first step toward machine plastering because it mixed all backing coat and that freed up a man to rub up and cut out . It was a smart way to work.

McPlaster said:
Used one for a long time the dogs honest , we tried to clean it one afternoon and took the paddle off which bent the powder stem thing and never could turn powder off again, this was after about five years, worth their weight imo, more importantly it was the first step toward machine plastering because it mixed all backing coat and that freed up a man to rub up and cut out . It was a smart way to work.
can only agree mate

Status
Not open for further replies.