Jobs you had no chance on................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captaincaveman

The house two doors from me was put up for sale a few weeks ago. Nice houses they are. 1820's Georgian town house, four storeys including the basement.
The old lady who owned it showed me round to see the state her tenants had left it in and it was shi*e. It needed replastering from top to bottom. :RpS_biggrin:
So to cut a long story short........I put a card through the door as soon as I saw it was sold. A plumber working on another house said to me today ''I have got to put central heating in that house for the new couple moving in. He's a plasterer.''
Wondered why I hadn't had a call. FFS!

I like when I've gone to look at a job which I havnt hit it off with the homeowner so I know I'm not getting the job, giving an outrageous price and watching there reaction

Best quote from a customer, " it's more than I thought" me, how much did you think" customer," I didn't know how much"

i tried that last week barry put an extortionate price in for the upstairs of a 4 bed house and got an email today saying it is a pleasure to accept my price and i can start when i want :RpS_confused:.............:RpS_thumbsup:

I looked at some work and the guy said to me "I have had prices of £1100. £900 and £650 " can you beat that He said ?. I said 650 tell him to crack on with it.

i tried that last week barry put an extortionate price in for the upstairs of a 4 bed house and got an email today saying it is a pleasure to accept my price and i can start when i want :RpS_confused:.............:RpS_thumbsup:
Don,t you just love that when that happens :RpS_thumbup:

the thing is i did the entire house next door last year and they told me they had asked them how much i quoted for the whole house and when i put my price in for the second house i was fully expecting a nooooo as it was the same amount as the full house for half the work:RpS_thumbsup: its a right result though

I looked at some work and the guy said to me "I have had prices of £1100. £900 and £650 " can you beat that He said ?. I said 650 tell him to crack on with it.

Should of told em you can do it for 600 then fcuked em about for a few weeks

you should have said yes £1200

I like when I've gone to look at a job which I havnt hit it off with the homeowner so I know I'm not getting the job, giving an outrageous price and watching there reaction

I've priced a few jobs where you walk in and their all nicey nicey with you then you give them the price and they look at you as if you've just dropped your kegs and s**t on their carpet. Practically manhandled out the front door with the we'll have a talk about it then call you back......... aye right!

I have it regular that as soon as I have arrived and not even mentioned money they say 'obviously we are obtaining other quotes'. I am always the first to quote.

If they look like time wasters and out for the cheapest I recommend a rogue I know. He is the cheapest and is craaaaaaaaaap! But they are not asking for a good job but a cheap job. Well they will get it cheap alright. Gypo's do a better job than he does.

I think people are getting their own back on us when they say they will get back about the quote, but don't.When times were busy I often was told I was the only one who bothered to turn up to quote or get back to them etc.

a bird left a message on my phone the other day saying hi its tracy you did some platering for me a while ago blah blah blah, i rung her back to ask when she wanted it going and what it was, I told her that cos ive had the op i wouldnt be able to do it for at least another 5 weeks, she said that her husband has got someone else to come round to quote but theres no massive rush so she could prob wait :RpS_biggrin: seems like she wants me but the husband wants anyone, wish I could think what she looks like :RpS_wink:

Went to look at a job earlier, living room ceiling.. Priced if up and thought to myself 'I'd do it for nowt if I could lick marmite off your tits'.. Left with a semi.. *sigh*

I've had the opposite happen a few years ago, priced a new build house for a fella and when i give him the price over the phone he said "is that for inside and out????? When i said yes i thought to myself i must be getting keen!! last i heard from him:RpS_confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.