Job vacancy

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spach

Hi guys I've spent 26yrs in the trade but now looking to get of the trowel. I'm looking for supervisor/tutor/ manager role, I'm willing to retrain and I'm a team player. I also believe I have a lot to other. If anyone knows of a opportunity in southwest please let me know. Cheers

Hi guys I've spent 26yrs in the trade but now looking to get of the trowel. I'm looking for supervisor/tutor/ manager role, I'm willing to retrain and I'm a team player. I also believe I have a lot to other. If anyone knows of a opportunity in southwest please let me know. Cheers

Pm me your details, we may have something that could potentially interest you!

It's tough! I have sent my brilliant CV to local employment agency's for various letting agents jobs and not even the offer of an interview. I have all the required qualifications in the field of letting and a rare local Hallamshire University diploma which most local letting will not have, accounts diploma, Ms office qualification, and not a sniff of even an interview.

What I really think is against me is my age of 55. Most estate & letting agent staff are in their 20's or 30's. But I have 10 years to offer, no kids to look after when the schools are shut, and can't get pregnant so that's in my favour. I can now understand how it is for the jobless. If I don't get a job by the end of February then I will probably have contracts in hand and will have to do another gruelling year. Love rendering but tired of looking at jobs and not getting them.

It's tough! I have sent my brilliant CV to local employment agency's for various letting agents jobs and not even the offer of an interview. I have all the required qualifications in the field of letting and a rare local Hallamshire University diploma which most local letting will not have, accounts diploma, Ms office qualification, and not a sniff of even an interview.

What I really think is against me is my age of 55. Most estate & letting agent staff are in their 20's or 30's. But I have 10 years to offer, no kids to look after when the schools are shut, and can't get pregnant so that's in my favour. I can now understand how it is for the jobless. If I don't get a job by the end of February then I will probably have contracts in hand and will have to do another gruelling year. Love rendering but tired of looking at jobs and not getting them.

whoose doing the rendering then if not you ? other reputable firms or if its domestic are they simply not having it done?

whoose doing the rendering then if not you ? other reputable firms or if its domestic are they simply not having it done?

Most are not having it done. Those what are, are either having a competitor I know who sells a good job and seems to get work in his own and adjoining post code or there is 2 rogues who are cheaper than me but they don't give the paper work for cash. They are the old slap two coats of sand and cement and throw pebbles at it people. I don't think they even know what sbr and mesh is.

Then there are a few plasterers who are trying to get into the game.

I try to give a high spec job that won't go wrong and try to sell the benefits but it seems either the customers are post code prejudice (S5 is known as rough and I live metres away from the S6 border line) or cash is king.

I started my cert ed in september, at the end of november i arranged an on site assessment for a lad who works for me so i asked the assessor if there was any jobs going and he said yes were looking for a plastering tutor/ assessor. So I applied for the job in december and started in january. So here i am off the site finally!!
Sign up to your local college for the cert ed and do some voluntary work in the plastering dept and ask anyone who'll listen for a job.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.