Job cancelled

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't mind texts. often people are in work or I Myself am busy so a text is there for me to pickup and reply when I want. And vice versa. No different to an email really is it.
Na an email is different, rather than some **** window shopping by text coz they can't be arsed phoning or typing an email and probably don't really want the job doing but a good idea at the time.

If someone sends us a text asking if we'll quote for a job I'll ask the to send me their address and to give us a ring. If they don't reply they can't be interested.

I use email when I can and tend to email quotes (invoices and receipts) if available. I have a record then of dates and times when things are sent out.

Texts are lazy but some folks might be at work and can't ring, sometimes I'll just ring them about dinnertime or when I get home.

suppose to do a job yesterday but I had to text him at half seven I couldn't do it till next sat as I've torn a ligament in my ankle
Ok he said next sat fine
Just got a text from him this morn I will have to cancel the job next sat it's too expensive
Now this prick has been sat on the price for a month don't get it the fukin eel

I would'nt believe this if I got got it. The personnel touch is always best here he probably felt let down by you but did'nt want to upset you or was scared you would get angry with him. I would go there today and show him your leg to proof it mate. I had a pebble dashing job a couple of weeks ago now and I had to text the people that it was to late in the year to do it. They did'nt even texted back.

If someone sends us a text asking if we'll quote for a job I'll ask the to send me their address and to give us a ring. If they don't reply they can't be interested.

I use email when I can and tend to email quotes (invoices and receipts) if available. I have a record then of dates and times when things are sent out.

Texts are lazy but some folks might be at work and can't ring, sometimes I'll just ring them about dinnertime or when I get home.
I would say a text is being a tight **** it's not like an emergency so I'm sure they can wait till they get home or dinner time, fair enough text is fine once the job has been discussed but an initial contact I steer clear

Just as bad, went out at nights over a few weeks, against my religion (and the wife thought i was havin an affair). Anyway, finished the job, person text me next day delighted with job and how much do i owe, said how much, then got reply, yeah no problem can i give you £xxxx and ill give you rest next month when i'm paid..

My wife said something to me years ago that sums this up....when have you ever walked in to tesco filled your trolley up and then told them you'll drop the money up when you get paid. Never, because they'd chuck you out.

Your a con artist if you want your money up front and prob wouldn't get the job or your unreasonable if your not happy to wait once the jobs done. Winds me right up when people do it.

Tbh I'd rather phone someone texting is a right bloody effort with my fat digits, if I do send the odd text I always end with a couple of kisses to make them moist

Tbh I'd rather phone someone texting is a right bloody effort with my fat digits, if I do send the odd text I always end with a couple of kisses to make them moist
Just give the men kisses or do the women get them too? :RpS_laugh:

Agreed....

However I went through a stage where I struggled to string a sentence together and forget stuff so text/email was good... but now my hands are giving up so need to call more often as sponsors now know I call a lot more rather than email :)

Agreed....

However I went through a stage where I struggled to string a sentence together and forget stuff so text/email was good... but now my hands are giving up so need to call more often as sponsors now know I call a lot more rather than email :)
Feel your pain I sometimes stutter a lot then get angry with myself!

I had a job booked about 4 weeks back, sent decorator round to have a look at the job for when I'd done out, this was 2 days before I was supposed to start. Decorator phoned me to tell me the customer was going away and would be away when I was supposed to do the job. Rebooked it then 4 days before I was supposed to start gets a phone call from customer saying she was disappointed that the decorator had not turned up. Tried explaining that the decorator could not do it before I'd been and that I was coming in a few days as we had agreed. Not good enough apparently and her son had told her to get somebody more local to her! Even more confusing because I live 4 miles away. Anyway sometimes you just have to shake your head and walk away with a bit of dignity for your own sanity

Status
Not open for further replies.