job at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

alsop8

Hi guys 1st time posting so please go easy on me.I have just finished scratch coat on my blockwork extention 3-1 mix with waterproofer (start strong come out weak)what is the best top coat mix,the top coat will have chippings thrown on (if that is the correct term)need good advice that's why I'm on here to tap into all that knowledge plus. If I get it wrong the missus will. Kill me.

c-mon fellas

I posted earlier requesting advice on my external rendering I know its here somewhere just waiting for someone to share their knowledge.when I was at plastering college we had all the plebs off the dole being forced onto a training course so they could still claim their money.we only had time to do a little on external rendering.I am not trying to scam free info out of anyone for a diy job as I am in the trade

so your going to have a 'go' at dashing? post some pics up when your done. :RpS_lol:

That's the idea yes don't really do external but as its my own house you just have to don't you.I fixed 10mm beads to blockwork for my scratch-coat so that I have a nice uniform thickness and. Then kinda screeded it with feather edge even if I say so myself it looks good so far

you sound like you have it all sussed and are on the forum looking for a pat on the back.
most of the spreads i know would not consider you "in the trade"but good luck with that. learning ratios of mixes are as important as the trowel you own.
it takes years to learn and its a tad arrogant of you to suggest otherwise.

I posted earlier requesting advice on my external rendering I know its here somewhere just waiting for someone to share their knowledge.when I was at plastering college we had all the plebs off the dole being forced onto a training course so they could still claim their money.we only had time to do a little on external rendering.I am not trying to scam free info out of anyone for a diy job as I am in the trade

What trade you in then mate?

Hi guys 1st time posting so please go easy on me.I have just finished scratch coat on my blockwork extention 3-1 mix with waterproofer (start strong come out weak)what is the best top coat mix,the top coat will have chippings thrown on (if that is the correct term)need good advice that's why I'm on here to tap into all that knowledge plus. If I get it wrong the missus will. Kill me.
What colour of chippings are you using?

Didn't know not to use beads why not? By the way not lookin for a pat on the back just some advice.

4to1 with retarder in yer mix , wash your chippings if their a bit dry an dusty then hit it

Last edited:
Thanks fatarm advice rather than smartarse comments
We are all smartarses. mate tbh ? You just caught me on a good day. Watch that arti. fella he's the worst fir it,tut tut tut......:RpS_sneaky::RpS_lol:
or. mabye he touched a nerve?? Are you a prostitute??:-0

Last edited:
yeah mate basically you just get some render, chuck it all on, like the whole side. give it an hour or 2 to pick up a bit then throw stones at it. like kebab said, its just render and stones.....

Status
Not open for further replies.