japanees trowel nice trowel to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayti

toproundless.jpg

yes there great very flexible and light great for lime and hemp plaster and clay ,leave no lines

the handle looks like bamboo , the end is round like a pool trowel, is it a flooring trowel ? or what ?where do you get them ?

yes that looks crap your Chinese one Japanese made of quality steel very thin i like using them

mike wye does em.

you probably need to look at some japanese plastering to get an idea of how they work with their style of plastering, like mayti said they don't leave lines. Am I right in thinking they don't compress their finishes like we do, seem to be more natural hemp, clay based plasters.

Japanese tools are usually very good to be fair, though i cant say i'll be trying a jap trowel anytime soon. The handle does look very near the heel, but if its anything like all of their other hand tools there will be a very good reason for that. For example, their hand saws cut on the pull stroke and not on the push like western saws, so they get away with very fine blades as its always in tension when cutting. Much better than european designs. Their keyhole saws are mint for cutting plasterboard, like a razor and hold their edge for ages.

Japanese tools are usually very good to be fair, though i cant say i'll be trying a jap trowel anytime soon. The handle does look very near the heel, but if its anything like all of their other hand tools there will be a very good reason for that. For example, their hand saws cut on the pull stroke and not on the push like western saws, so they get away with very fine blades as its always in tension when cutting. Much better than european designs. Their keyhole saws are mint for cutting plasterboard, like a razor and hold their edge for ages.

What make would the keyhole saws be from mate?

cuts on the pull rather than the push pmsl do they make wood saws the same :RpS_scared::RpS_lol:

Handle is near the heal so they can be stood upright to let dry. Had a butchers on google and found a bit of info including youtube vids.

Handle is near the heal so they can be stood upright to let dry. Had a butchers on google and found a bit of info including youtube vids.

i use them all the time i have so many all different types and sizes did you look on my website Rhys

Shikkui plaster UK will have a large catalogue up soon it will be the largest selection outside of Japan we are having conversations with the company now so check the www.shikkuiplaster.com website sortly Rhys i'll put a post up when we have the pictures and list mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.