Its not for me!

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading a lot of threads on here over the last week past & present, i have come to realise i am in a totally different league to you guys.

For example:

•The amount of plaster you can put on in a day
•Speed
•Quality of work
•Having plenty of work & lots of customers & contracts
•And most important of all knowledge!

I have lied to you a little bit :RpS_blushing:

I have none of these!
Work is very slow for me at the moment & most my customers are family & friends.
I only do small amounts per day.
I don't earn much.

I just can't see it getting any better for me.
I don't even have a car for getting to work!

So guys it kills me to say this but i don't think plastering is for me.
Infact i don't think anyone who is self taught or does one of them short plastering courses can hack it in the real world of plastering, we are just little fish in a big plastering ocean that won't last long, where you guys will go the full distance.

I totally respect you guys & wish i could be like you but it's never going to happen unfortunately, plus there is no work round by me & i haven't had one call from my flyers.

At least I didn't waste any money on a short course eh LOL

So i am going to think really hard what i want to do workwise,
but thanks for all your advice it's appreciated.

:RpS_thumbup:

Dave!! Don't leave us! come on you give us a laff.:RpS_w00t: or is it cause team nailswater. are on to you......... nailswater. style:flapper: what's your mother gonna say:RpS_thumbup:

I'm not leaving just don't think plasterings for me mate.
Been trying for 3years to get work & only done it for people i know that's why i wasn't getting much money.
Gonna sell my tools & decide what to do, at least i haven't got a mortgage or car loan to worry about yet.
I'll probably end up in a factory or supermarket :RpS_thumbdn:
Going to give the tiling a go first :RpS_thumbup:

My mom doesn't know yet :RpS_scared:

lest ya honest mate speed comes with time pal and work is slow for a lot of us at mo pal till building trade picks up and these foreign job stealing undercutting swines sod of back home cant see it getting any better soon but it will 1 day
i sometimes think about packing it in to when there not much about my mate earns more some weeks stacking shelf's and that's no bull

just got to keep at it deplastering,this includes being the butt of jokes/abuse, learning the trade and sticking at it , picking up contacts over the years,working hard,speed and knowledge all comes in time,i would say every single person on this forum has all gone through what i have said yet we are all still here ,working hard,still getting work, the problem is you expected it straight away all work /money now, but it does not work like that takes years to build up contacts and getting established,just got to keep going, all the best hector

i think you need to stick with it, back to basics, forget going alone, especially with no transport. contacts will build up weekend work.
find a builder, plastering contractor or even agencies, in with a gang, get the experience and the rest will follow

Good on you mate for your honesty.

I wish the coursers and skimmers would realise it ain't easy and get the fcuk out of the trade.....and give guys who want to get on like yourself an opportunity.

Think we should give enrique more carrott and less stick............Dig in marra, get on ya bike start doin a leafy drop round your bit and drum up some graft.....You can't disappoint momma iglesias...............:RpS_thumbdn:

I'm not leaving just don't think plasterings for me mate.
Been trying for 3years to get work & only done it for people i know that's why i wasn't getting much money.
Gonna sell my tools & decide what to do, at least i haven't got a mortgage or car loan to worry about yet.
I'll probably end up in a factory or supermarket :RpS_thumbdn:
Going to give the tiling a go first :RpS_thumbup:

My mom doesn't know yet :RpS_scared:
You want to be a plasterer thats why you are on this Forum ,you can be the best of the best ,only you will stop that ,best of luck with all you do

what you need to do is do a bit of everything painting and decorating etc don't just do plastering and get a contact who gives you regular work like a builder not just word of mouth. I know this has worked for me as i moved area last year and it's hard to start from scratch. Once i moved couldn't get any work for a while and started window cleaning built up a regular income and do plastering etc when not window cleaning now. Then when you've got enough work you don't need to be too cheap.
And also don't believe all the s**t about how good some people are on this forum because i've seen some of the work these experts do and it wasn't good.
Never give in. Lack of confidence is probably why yo haven't got enough work.

what you need to do is do a bit of everything painting and decorating etc don't just do plastering and get a contact who gives you regular work like a builder not just word of mouth. I know this has worked for me as i moved area last year and it's hard to start from scratch. Once i moved couldn't get any work for a while and started window cleaning built up a regular income and do plastering etc when not window cleaning now. Then when you've got enough work you don't need to be too cheap.
And also don't believe all the s**t about how good some people are on this forum because i've seen some of the work these experts do and it wasn't good.

Or maybe cos he's not real!!!!!!!!!

why whos work ya seen then eh?

No point in selling your tools. IF you can plaster a wall, you can only improve, with a bit of practice. Take a pride in your work and before you know it, you'll be a goddamn plasterer. Earning morally wrong cash pound notes. No van? No problem. Everyone has to start somewhere...my first vehicle was a 1978 Talbot Sunbeam in hand painted panther black. It totally skint me....£175 lol

No point in selling your tools. IF you can plaster a wall, you can only improve, with a bit of practice. Take a pride in your work and before you know it, you'll be a goddamn plasterer. Earning morally wrong cash pound notes. No van? No problem. Everyone has to start somewhere...my first vehicle was a 1978 Talbot Sunbeam in hand painted panther black. It totally skint me....£175 lol

Fkinell! So was mine, but my ex's mother bought mine for me for £300 :RpS_thumbsup:
Chrysler wasn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.