2 MB · Views: 363
  • 20171204_081407.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 340
  • 20171204_081357.jpg
    20171204_081357.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 338
  • 20171204_081348.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 297
Pictures dont do it justice. All pins still in ceiling from last. Asked if we can take paper of ..... clueless people playing builder

I think the one thing worse than people who just decide that they're builders, are those who decide to project manage jobs themselves. As with any trade or profession the reason it looks easy is because people who do it properly are using years of experience.

I have to admit to taking pleasure from the amusement gained when it inevitably goes t1ts up for either group.

Always best to pop in on a job prior to starting. So many times I’ve turned up to start boarding and there are noggins missing, no window boards and cables missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they want to pay me to dot wallpaper id do it all day long...

Couldn't give a fook there own problem if there playing builders then just be a nodding dog and collect the doller!

f**k em pal

If they want to pay me to dot wallpaper id do it all day long...

Couldn't give a fook there own problem if there playing builders then just be a nodding dog and collect the doller!

f**k em pal
Well after first half hour of should we f**k of on another job . We cracked on with pulling coving down, stripping wall paper and tidying up . We even got ceilings and stud boarded. Even after I put aboard down out side picked it up n got dog s**t on my. Hand. .....fuuuuummming . Used a near full tub of there links body wash

And sparki gonna learn he should clip his cables in ceiling . He said he measured em but that was before we shoved all rock wool up .

Oh and we can’t board rsj As plumber has to run pipes down one side so that knocks three wall of being skimmed . Bathroom upstairs can’t be done yet . All ceilings upstairs may want overboarding sparki says . Patio door n window are not going in to a week on wed so another 2 walls can’t be skimmed. And this is a kitchen extension and they plan on moving in on 23rd Lmfao

Turned up to start an extension today , no windows or doors and sparky has surface mounted 40mm deep boxes for every switch/socket ! 10 bags DWA to stick 13 3 metre boards .[emoji34]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I blame the telly. All these diy shows edited to give a false reflection of the real world we work in.
What we need is a "fly-on-the-wall" documentary episode of .....well maybe @clemo or @Marshy rocking up to work magic, and being confronted with that scene.....
It would redress the balance I reckon.

To be fair . It’s day rate and cash end of week no questions and it’s a great piss taking team . You just got to get over the first half hour of wanting to go home as jobs beneath you then realise it’s same money for sweeping up lol

There's loads of these clowns doing projects again now, just like pre recession. I'm glad you haven't priced it. Do a good days graft, even though that may mean moving stuff about half the day and get off home. Take the money and run.

Take what you can, give nothing back!

Those who fall behind stay behind!

(Wisdom courtesy of pirates of the Caribbean :tanguero:)

I walked off one this morning for a loft company I have never seen boarding like it!!! Nails sticking out massive gaps everywhere put a level on dotting they did not that I needed to it was fooked!! I didn't even get tools out. I went in blind over the phone and agreed a day rate but to be honest the guy didn't even meet me at the job only customer there who did nothing but complain about them! I said I m really sorry to the customer but I won't put my name to that and off I went. The loft guy got a phone call from myself and I told him straight what I thought of his work and he shouldn't be in the trade I've now been getting threats!! Texts calling me a c**t the lot so called back no answer everytime I rang but more nasty text's:sorprendido3: spineless t**t lol. Some people eh:bananahappy:

I walked off one this morning for a loft company I have never seen boarding like it!!! Nails sticking out massive gaps everywhere put a level on dotting they did not that I needed to it was fooked!! I didn't even get tools out. I went in blind over the phone and agreed a day rate but to be honest the guy didn't even meet me at the job only customer there who did nothing but complain about them! I said I m really sorry to the customer but I won't put my name to that and off I went. The loft guy got a phone call from myself and I told him straight what I thought of his work and he shouldn't be in the trade I've now been getting threats!! Texts calling me a c**t the lot so called back no answer everytime I rang but more nasty text's:sorprendido3: spineless t**t lol. Some people eh:bananahappy:
He shouldn't be texting or calling you, fn idiot , you walked ,he needs to find someone else

He shouldn't be texting or calling you, fn idiot , you walked ,he needs to find someone else
Exactly what I thought honestly ain't seen work as bad in a lot of years and alarm bells rang as soon as I got there with customers thoughts on them! I felt sorry for them as we're only a young couple but I could see me not getting paid plus not worth the hassle tbf

Exactly what I thought honestly ain't seen work as bad in a lot of years and alarm bells rang as soon as I got there with customers thoughts on them! I felt sorry for them as we're only a young couple but I could see me not getting paid plus not worth the hassle tbf
Yes , sometimes we have to walk , if it's someone you know ,guaranteed payment you'd try ,but an unknown rough or ignorant contractor then adios

What a prick!

I think the one thing worse than people who just decide that they're builders, are those who decide to project manage jobs themselves. As with any trade or profession the reason it looks easy is because people who do it properly are using years of experience.

I have to admit to taking pleasure from the amusement gained when it inevitably goes t1ts up for either group.

I've worked for several such people and it really wasn't a hassle.

Just shrug, smile and say that the job's not ready and it'll be £x a day, payable at the end of the day.

Take your cash and repeat the next day. No need to go tearing your hair out.

I've worked for several such people and it really wasn't a hassle.

Just shrug, smile and say that the job's not ready and it'll be £x a day, payable at the end of the day.

Take your cash and repeat the next day. No need to go tearing your hair out.

Doesn't really work that way for the sort of stuff I do unfortunately. If you have a three month job booked and planned in, then it turns into a four month job with a gap month waiting for some nonsense that should have been ordered at the start but wasn't, it gets costly and also knocks on to the next job.

The other thing is that I can't imagine too many people would be happy with a day rate when they ask for a quote on an extension or renovation.

Well after first half hour of should we f**k of on another job . We cracked on with pulling coving down, stripping wall paper and tidying up . We even got ceilings and stud boarded. Even after I put aboard down out side picked it up n got dog s**t on my. Hand. .....fuuuuummming . Used a near full tub of there links body wash
They put the s**t on there on purpose

Always best to pop in on a job prior to starting. So many times I’ve turned up to start boarding and there are noggins missing, no window boards and cables missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a job once and explained to the fella, he needed to have the cottage wired before i boarded and skimmed. Na its alright, we'll do it after he said. Told him its not the way its done because he'll have exposed conduct all over the place. He said we'll work something out because the electrician cant come for 6 weeks but need it skimmed now. Ok i said, boarded and skimmed the walls and ceilings. Went back few months later to do floors and there it was, conduct all over teh place. Looked f**k**g awful!

I did a job once and explained to the fella, he needed to have the cottage wired before i boarded and skimmed. Na its alright, we'll do it after he said. Told him its not the way its done because he'll have exposed conduct all over the place. He said we'll work something out because the electrician cant come for 6 weeks but need it skimmed now. Ok i said, boarded and skimmed the walls and ceilings. Went back few months later to do floors and there it was, conduct all over teh place. Looked f**k**g awful!

love it when it goes like that

That’s the right stuff for them.