Itemised pricing.

Members online

Jgreenplastering

Private Member
I know we don't talk rates on here so I won't mention amounts but since I've bought my machine and I'm getting busier I'm trying to organise my pricing better to make it easier and less time consuming.

Using the bagged products is obviously more expensive up to traditional but I'm stuck with a few things.

When I'm thinking of different finishes I've got thin coat at the top and OCR float finish at the bottom of the cost scales.
Now in between I've got mono and OCR with OCR tyrolean. To me there about the same costs as although mono is more expensive to buy, you then have the extra labour time and materials of the tyrolean to make it up to the same as mono? You then have the costs of painting the tyrolean which can put it above mono costs.

I've never used coloured tyrolean as the jobs I've seen it used on it seems to go patchy?

I've also usually always tyrolean next day unless it's small areas. Just prefer it when it has that bit of suction.

What do you machine lads think? I'm all for taking a bashing if I'm completely off the mark or you lot do it another way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always been asked to use the coloured Tyrolean when I did that sort of thing. No machine though, just the old fashioned flicker gun.
When I was more into contracting I sat down and fashioned my own pricing book based on the ones you can buy.
I had it so that whatever I was asked to quote for, I could quickly look up my price, and then say "it will be x per m for this finish, and this much extra for that finish"

Reactions: Djr
I've always been asked to use the coloured Tyrolean when I did that sort of thing. No machine though, just the old fashioned flicker gun.
When I was more into contracting I sat down and fashioned my own pricing book based on the ones you can buy.
I had it so that whatever I was asked to quote for, I could quickly look up my price, and then say "it will be x per m for this finish, and this much extra for that finish"

That's what I want to do but in my head I'm thinking surely mono should be the more expensive option being all modern coloured and new to the domestic client?

I gave a roofing company a m2 price for different things and first job was just loads of little fiddly bits, took two of us three days and I got £300 lol never again

That's what I want to do but in my head I'm thinking surely mono should be the more expensive option being all modern coloured and new to the domestic client?

Old style gun is a great finish done right as @Dropsalot said.it won't be patchy if done right pal .make sure the gun is decent and the spindle ain't snagged the coverage of colour mix is decent if you prime the background .I have used pro rend primer n tyroleon. it looks sound

If the majority of your work is direct to domestic clients then price in tiers, making the most expensive to supply the most expensive finish, this covers you for odd materials left. For builders, I used to let them supply materials, so my invoice to them was a smaller amount, my outlay was less and they seemed to like it that way. Remember "some people prefer to pay more"....otherwise there'd be no harrods.

Old style gun is a great finish done right as @Dropsalot said.it won't be patchy if done right pal .make sure the gun is decent and the spindle ain't snagged the coverage of colour mix is decent if you prime the background .I have used pro rend primer n tyroleon. it looks sound
If I doubted suction I have at times slurried the wall just prior to tyroleaning, very old school, but it works. (I am old, years ago this stuff was new school)

Reactions: Djr
Most people would shy away from modern systems of render purely for the cost . we live in Salford Manchester so for example . tidy up the cable of an end terrace in k.rend or Wetherby the cost is astronomical . builders and home owners alike want cheap n cheerful . them modern renders are for site work men like us . not your average homeowners

Most people would shy away from modern systems of render purely for the cost . we live in Salford Manchester so for example . tidy up the cable of an end terrace in k.rend or Wetherby the cost is astronomical . builders and home owners alike want cheap n cheerful . them modern renders are for site work men like us . not your average homeowners

Disagree there. May be an geographical thing but 90% of our external work is mono and 80% of that work is to average homeowners. Has been like this for last 3 years hence why I bought the machine.

Who on earth can afford it tbh

Disagree there. May be an geographical thing but 90% of our external work is mono and 80% of that work is to average homeowners. Has been like this for last 3 years hence why I bought the machine.

Carry on then we are Manchester pal down south . :)

we only hand apply, we offer a complete package on all external finishes, supply and fit, scaffolding and removing all waste material. pay us on completion no deposit. we are not vat reg. a builder will usually ask us to deal with the customer direct. we are not cheap, not even competitive but clients do not get other quotes and do not want a load of problems so we are in full time employment.

How much more do you think it costs to do a gable with mono over normal?
It's not gold dust being used, yea it's a little more but not off the scale.

we only hand apply, we offer a complete package on all external finishes, supply and fit, scaffolding and removing all waste material. pay us on completion no deposit. we are not vat reg. a builder will usually ask us to deal with the customer direct. we are not cheap, not even competitive but clients do not get other quotes and do not want a load of problems so we are in full time employment.
And we only hand apply all render finishes .always have done .but why on earth do people on hear insist on machines for domestic jobs .35 more used my ritmo what a joke . maybe used it on 200 meter on a unit yes I get that

Over the last few years you will have ironed out the methods/pitfalls etc, presumably making a profit. This will give you a good idea of base cost, so different finish/material can be costed as a "plus" to the base cost.
You might be better to price on the basis of whole job/house size instead of per metre, you'll know your average cost and time it takes, add in a one off per job for buggeration factor and then offer the different finishes as a "plus".

Exactly well said . work out the days . what you want per shift .you already know how long it will take in your head . what render system they want n that's your price

And we only hand apply all render finishes .always have done .but why on earth do people on hear insist on machines for domestic jobs .35 more used my ritmo what a joke . maybe used it on 200 meter on a unit yes I get that

it is faster by hand, by he time they have covered up , battle through a scaffold, got a load of wet material on the wall and wondering if it will ever set. we have finished and on the way home. we are plasterers not machine minders.
the only machine we use is a screed pump which is the bees knees and can pump 8 floors up or a quarter of a mile.

Well said again .Christ I seeneed a post on here got 20mtr of mono to spray ???????

Think some of you misread my post. I've got my prices.....I'm questioning whether it's just me that thinks OCR with OCR tyrolean when painted works out more than a mono finish.

Say you have a standard semi. Front side gable and back.
100m
Hack off and redo in either mono or OCR with OCR tyrolean.
Add an extra £1k ontop for the painting of tyrolean.
Which work outs more?

it is faster by hand, by he time they have covered up , battle through a scaffold, got a load of wet material on the wall and wondering if it will ever set. we have finished and on the way home. we are plasterers not machine minders.
the only machine we use is a screed pump which is the bees knees and can pump 8 floors up or a quarter of a mile.

[emoji23][emoji23]
If it was faster by hand malc machines wouldn't be selling aswell as they are would they?

I'd bet my house that you wouldn't be faster than most machine guys on here for say a average semi.

Think some of you misread my post. I've got my prices.....I'm questioning whether it's just me that thinks OCR with OCR tyrolean when painted works out more than a mono finish.

Say you have a standard semi. Front side gable and back.
100m
Hack off and redo in either mono or OCR with OCR tyrolean.
Add an extra £1k ontop for the painting of tyrolean.
Which work outs more?

Mono is far more expensive and not all its made out to be . but hey that's just imo

Well said again .Christ I seeneed a post on here got 20mtr of mono to spray ???????

That was me. I done it because I could and because I don't need to hand lay. The monies on the job so doesn't matter how it's put on as long as it's done properly.
You may think it's macho and brave and the proper way etc hand balling but if you had a machine you'd be laughing back at yourself thinking why didn't I get one earlier.
Think of your joints etc Rendering everyday by hand? Think that won't take its toll?

Mono is far more expensive and not all its made out to be . but hey that's just imo
Not one is faster than a ritmo.but what he is saying is by the time you fuk n farting about setting up .sheeting windows etc .a decent 2 n 1 gang will float it on and scratch it it down quicker .unless your doing a tower block

That was me. I done it because I could and because I don't need to hand lay. The monies on the job so doesn't matter how it's put on as long as it's done properly.
You may think it's macho and brave and the proper way etc hand balling but if you had a machine you'd be laughing back at yourself thinking why didn't I get one earlier.
Think of your joints etc Rendering everyday by hand? Think that won't take its toll?

I used machines in Germany years ago as a bread snapper

Not one is faster than a ritmo.but what he is saying is by the time you fuk n farting about setting up .sheeting windows etc .a decent 2 n 1 gang will float it on and scratch it it down quicker .unless your doing a tower block

Farting about? You plug and spray basically. 15mins setting up the machine is no different to 15 mins setting up your drill buckets etc.
You should sheet windows regardless of what your applying it with. They don't take any longer to set up then what mixing it manually and bucketing it about would.

Farting about? You plug and spray basically. 15mins setting up the machine is no different to 15 mins setting up your drill buckets etc.
You should sheet windows regardless of what your applying it with. They don't take any longer to set up then what mixing it manually and

You can't do many jobs a year if your not vat registered malc?
Especially if you sort the scaffold and supply the materials?

Same how we carry out rendering, except I won't do for builders - creaming off the top [emoji849]

I don't mind anyone making money on top of my price if they can get away with it. What I can't stand is these cunty builders that knock your price down pleading poverty so they can get their bit on top - Why should I work for less to line their pockets - add to that their jobs are usually shite.

You can't do many jobs a year if your not vat registered malc?
Especially if you sort the scaffold and supply the materials?

we were vat reg. but we were given the opportunity to deregister, after a complicated court hearing, i cannot claim anything back but i do not have to charge either.

A builders entitled to make off you. That's just how it works. It's business.
If they try to knock you down when there already making off you then yea it's a piss take!

I've got no problem with anyone making money off me. They've done the leg work landing the job. However, I don't negotiate prices. They can take it or leave it.

I don't mind anyone making money on top of my price if they can get away with it. What I can't stand is these cunty builders that knock your price down pleading poverty so they can get their bit on top - Why should I work for less to line their pockets - add to that their jobs are usually shite.
When I've been asked by the builder if I can do it for less, I say " of course, easily, what bit/room/ceiling do you want me to leave out?"