is this trade a good trade

Members online

hi ….. I could do with a bit of advise from ye guys. iv been working with 2 plasterers for a few weeks to see what the trade is like and I do like the trade but everyone I meet is saying to stay away from this trade as my back will be broken by the time im 30 . iv been offered an apprenticeship from the 2 plasterers and I recently got offered a plumbing apprenticeship too from a guy I know. what advise would ye give me? at the end of the day ino its my decision but just looking for some advise. thanks

there's more money in plumbing and less wear and tear on your body, albeit it depends on what you enjoy most plastering or plumbing theres good money to be had in plastering aswell

2nd year apprentice and if you like the graft then stick with it, also you better be prepared to buy 10 different trowels just to realise nothing beats a marshalltown(y)if you see a welsh fella on YouTube ignore anything about sponge floats

hi ….. I could do with a bit of advise from ye guys. iv been working with 2 plasterers for a few weeks to see what the trade is like and I do like the trade but everyone I meet is saying to stay away from this trade as my back will be broken by the time im 30 . iv been offered an apprenticeship from the 2 plasterers and I recently got offered a plumbing apprenticeship too from a guy I know. what advise would ye give me? at the end of the day ino its my decision but just looking for some advise. thanks
im 71 and still like it plumbing sore on the knees as long as u call a hawk a handboard u will get on fine

Heard it all now,the new generation of plasterers thinking Marshall Town are s**t and bent like a banana

all these plasterers saying plumbers earn more money,ive known a fair few plumbers over years and never met one who's earned more than me.90% of them are on books,lads who works for themselves will do well but il bet majority are on less than plasterers.most on day rate at about £18 per hour.

all these plasterers saying plumbers earn more money,ive known a fair few plumbers over years and never met one who's earned more than me.90% of them are on books,lads who works for themselves will do well but il bet majority are on less than plasterers.most on day rate at about £18 per hour.
Don’t have to crawl behind people’s shithouses for ours either

plastering is like getting paid to go to the gym

My back went this week...42,...30 is a myth..

then again...I did doss for 12 years!!!

be a sparkie....soft hands,velvet toilet paper etc..