Is this to be expected?

ccx295

Hi all,

I have no experience with plaster so I am after some advice.
I have recently had my ceiling skimmed over to cover some artex but you can can still see it under the new plaster in some places.
This was more obvious when the plaster was wet which the plasterer said it would be fine once it has fully dried (some parts were drying quicker then others)
Now it is about 80% dry but you can still see it in places but it is a lot more faint.

I am worried that when we paint over it we will still be able to see the artex?

When running my finger over it I does feels ALMOST completely smooth in most places where you can see the artex

Is this to be expected?

The plasterer is coming round again to check over his work before we paint (when it has completely dried out) and I am sure he will put it right if he thinks it will be a issue.

Thanks for the advice

Attachments

• image3 (1).JPG
    image3 (1).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 239
  • image1 (1).JPG
    image1 (1).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 245
I’d be more concerned about the holes in the second pic. It seems to me he’s given you what’s known in the trade as a “willy one coat”

Yep as above, get some paint on. When over skimming artex your at the mercy of where the plasterboard sags or a joist is lower therefore the skim will be a lot thinner there. This is the reason you can see the pattern still.