Is this damp easily treatable

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes you say that mate?
Its actually on a property I'm looking at buying, I'm getting it surveyed in the next few days but I just wanted a few opinions as I've hacked off and skimmed bits like this a thousand times in customers houses.

ok thanks ,condensation ,looks the main thing ,but open the window and check the render or pointing it sure not rising at the 3ard floor !

if you look at your picture you can see the black running off the window ,that condensation all day long mate

What makes you say that mate?
Its actually on a property I'm looking at buying, I'm getting it surveyed in the next few days but I just wanted a few opinions as I've hacked off and skimmed bits like this a thousand times in customers houses.

If you mean me, it's because there are no internal reveals so I would think it's a 9" solid wall :RpS_thumbup:

To be honest mate maybe a set of draws or something have be place at the window and brought this problem on. It is a easy problem to solve the cause is a different ball game.

Defo looks like condensation but i would still check the brickwork/mortar joints incase it penetrating through. has the property been empty for a while??. no heating and poor ventilation winnit help

If its a nine inch wall the basic problem is it of being a cold wall. That is too thin to conserve heat. Stick 4 inch of insulation backed plasterboard on the walls. Assuming pointing ok and/or no holes in brickwork spray to saturation with water repellent to stop any rainwater penetration. This keep external wall temperature higher as well as moisture out.

Status
Not open for further replies.