Is my genny up to it?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

22jasper

Will my Honda 10KVA VX620 be man enough to pump 35m.

I use two hoses at the moment(25M) for backing scrim coats/slurry coats with no problems using M300.

Will adding another 10m hose be ok for this, bearing in mind we are spraying wet and at 4-6mm or am i likely to have problems?

Max height will be 8m

Its definitely the GX620 Vtwin.

Will this be ok for up to 35m?

Are there uprated models which develop more Kva?

it dont matter about the distance mate,if the genny runs the machine then the machine will perform , Stuart ( southern Monkey) used to have an M300 so he knows what will run it. A 10kva will not but the 12.5 will so its important to find out exactly which one you have because you can damage your machine if you run a genny not up to the job

Its definitely the GX620 Vtwin.

Will this be ok for up to 35m?

Are there uprated models which develop more Kva?

i think your getting your kw's mixed up with your kva's did you buy the genny as a complete package with the machine or did you buy it seperatly if so where did you buy it from i know it seems like a whole lotta questions just to answer your question but would hate to give the wrong answer

if you bought the machine and genny as a package ...yes no problem as the genny will be a 10kw 12kva

if you bought the genny seperate then i need more info mate i think i know what genny you have and where it came from in which case yes no problem they used to have the 620 engine but have now been upgraded to the 630 either way yes this is fine

if your genny IS only 10kva then your gonna run into problems at some point

I have just read the post stu and he is using the machine with 1x25mm hoses and wants to know if another 10m will be ok.

so answer, 30m of hose will be fine mate

Sorry guys, just to clear this up.

Just read my initial post, my mistake its a 10 Kw( i wrote Kva) genny sold as a package with M300.

I use two hoses at the moment (13,5m and 10m). Running this with no problems. I have been told by a certain dealer I would have to uprate the genny to 15Kva if i wanted to add a further 10m hose.

I could understand upgrading the genny if it were heavy mono work, but with lighter EIFS backing coats, i thought the genny would be man enough, seen as we have no problems with 25m hoses.

With this size genny what are the limitations in terms of materials/pumping distance, ie what could/couldn't we pump.

I mainly use Krends/weber.

Thanks for the help

I know **** all about machines as yet but even I can guess who has given you this advise, and I wouldn't listen to a word he says if I'm guessing right.

if its the 12.5 kva you have you should not really have any problems its really the min size for this machine .i used to run the same set up not very well at times ? but we never really had any probs power wise

in that case mate you'll have no problems with it

it will also pump mono all day long but if you wished to pump further then 25m then its just a case of upgrading your hoses to 35mm
all you would need is 1 x 10mx35mm then your normal 25mm pipes and you would need a 25mmx35mm reduction piece there's no need to change your genny

Sorry guys, just to clear this up.

Just read my initial post, my mistake its a 10 Kw( i wrote Kva) genny sold as a package with M300.

I use two hoses at the moment (13,5m and 10m). Running this with no problems. I have been told by a certain dealer I would have to uprate the genny to 15Kva if i wanted to add a further 10m hose.

I could understand upgrading the genny if it were heavy mono work, but with lighter EIFS backing coats, i thought the genny would be man enough, seen as we have no problems with 25m hoses.

With this size genny what are the limitations in terms of materials/pumping distance, ie what could/couldn't we pump.

I mainly use Krends/weber.

Thanks for the help

does his name rhyme with handy bill??

oooooo betty, somebody dont like being corrected do they and if you read the bloody post so well mr monkey why did you spark on about the genny.

Last edited:
oooooo betty, somebody dont like being corrected do they and if you read the bloody post so well mr monkey why did you spark on about the genny.

shut up numnuts was just trying to make sure i gave the correct advice ...after all i was right about the confusion between the kw's and the kva's wasn't i betty .....;o) xxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.