Is it Too Cold To Replaster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keredewor

Our renovation continues, we have gas fired blower heaters keeping the property at about 5/8 deg c but when we are not in the property the temperature drops to about 2 deg c overnight, we are still applying sovereign renderlite and it is going off jbut slower than I would have expected and the skimmed ceilings(Gypsum) are taking a while to dry, my concern is long term, is thiis low temperature going to cause long term problems, shall I call it a day with the plasterer until the weather improves, any help appreciated.

Thanks

yeah better not to force dry especially anything with lime or lime based .....or then u will be looking on the hairline crack thread for solutions... saw some guys on a site near me putting weber on freezing to the wall already could see the sparkling of the ice hehehe at least they will have some more work next summer

" saw some guys on a site near me putting weber on freezing to the wall already could see the sparkling of the ice hehehe at least they will have some more work next summer"

I bet you £50 thatrender wont last untill it thaws out.Was minus - 12 near me last night my van windscreen froze on the inside and one of my drills has froze up solid as well as pva and all the rubbish i had bagged up in my van froze to the floor too and wont budge an inch.So imagine what that webber will do when it thaws out.
Itl be on the floor pal lol.

yeah thats what i thought my mate spoke to the bod who was in charge his gang hes the one who weber write s the guarentee for his words oh itll be ok put a bit of sheeting over it ....wasnt there for the next 5 days well this week me thinks weber would be querying that guarentee if any thing occurs still not my business im only looking over the fence chuckling what im mean lol instead of beatin around the bush is if he was a propper spread u wouldnt have done it in the first place still i heard bakers hairdressers they can all go on courses nowadays im mean i did my mates hair with the bead snips and curled it up ewith the paddle of the drill ....looks propper dandy if i say so myself

Status
Not open for further replies.