is it ever going to pick up

Status
Not open for further replies.
True pug but this time we have thousands of eu workers over here.

I worked with an old irish screeder who came over to England in the 60's. He said he had to put up with the same sort of prejudice and bullsh-it the eu boys do today. Before long the the eu workers will wonder why they're working for feck all and put their prices up.

The paddies have been since the last war who do you think got the building trade back on its feet after the war. Do you know how many eu workers are here how many people from outside the eu are here. There is not the jobs out there. Big busness dont give a feck who you are or were you from there only intrested
in ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ full stop. Are you in favour of the eu pug, do you think it's a good thing. For every £ 4 we give them we get a £1 back as rebate, that's a good deal I must say.

ive never seen a coloured plasterer. im usually a pinkish brown colour when i get home ,does that count ... i was working up until 3 days before xmas, back in 1 st week of jan and not stopped since, booked up for at least next 3 and a half weeks, still pricing stuff up, i think its pretty busy, but i only work 4 days a week so that helps. people are deffo spending round here.

It's not about polish plasterers spunk , if they wish to come into the gane more fool them. It's about the global movement of labour , young people with dreams of a better life and they look to europe to find work, who can blame them. The problem is it put a strain on a country hence in a down turm there is not the work
for everyone this in turn brings tension to locals who are looking to point the finger of blame.

Its always been the same.Ive been at it since 1980 and its always been boom and bust,boom and bust.The problem with skimming is most of the time theres dot dabbers doing the boarding,that means 2 trades to pay for what used to be one operation (float and set) so obviously the price has to be low now. I used to fire s/c up the wall all day long,cant anymore so skimming is all I want to do,body cant take floating anymore.Was hoping to cruise into retirement doing skimming but if the price remains shite,I will have to throw in the towel.Last time I did s/c render I could hardly walk for 3 days! Ps The Turkish will be here soon,good spreads they are! Brace yourselves for another price crash.

That made me laugh spready when you said "I could hardly walk for 3 days!" I know what you mean mate LOL.

The govt. and the media will always bang on about immigrants - cos they're easy scapegoats. It's always been this way, from teh Jews, Irish, Afro Carribeans, Asians - you name it.

The reality is they encourage flows of migration here to bring down inflation. They pay migrants less, they are easier to fire adn in the end they'll blame them for all teh country's woes.

The bankers and the bosses caused the economic sh1t this country's in. They are getting more and more of a slice of the cake. I heard on teh radio the other day that bosses used to earn around 5 to 10 times what workers on the shop floor earned. Nowadays it's around 50 times! The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer - that's a statistical fact. Look at the real exploiters, not those that are scapegoated.

Yer spot on mate. When they brought in italian portugese workers to help build the new sulfer plant on lindsey oil then became the saying british jobs for british workers yer right mate.

the lindsey case is a good example of how the bosses literally shipped in foreign workers - they were staying on a ship if I remember correctly. The paid them less money than they would have paid british workers and they had no union protection.

Is all about profit for them, not us. Everything else is a carefully manipulated distraction.

Yer that's right twitcher they were staying on a big floating block of flats a right s**t hole. The thing was Jacobs had laid a lot of our lads off who could have worked on the job. It's like you say cheap labour. Our kid works on there and he was telling me theres a few spreads on there labouring because of lack of work.
Well I suppose it is steady money with hoilday pay something to be said about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.