Is £6.50 sqm a fair price for board and skim.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichFree

Got offered a job board and skim @£4.50 sqm i said it wasn't enough and managed to get it a £6.50 is that a fair price.....?

Couple of ceilings in with that but mostly long runs of wall.....!

by todays standards it's ok, but that was a big jump from 4.50 to 6.50 , why? would be my first response, push for a bit more see what happens

Hey Malc I'm not asking if you want to do the job...!

Warrior I've got it up to 7.50 he was trying his luck i think , Been doing extensions for him for a while and we turn them round pretty quick ,same old story as soon as they see you making a bit of money they want to screw you on price.

Hey Malc I'm not asking if you want to do the job...!

Warrior I've got it up to 7.50 he was trying his luck i think , Been doing extensions for him for a while and we turn them round pretty quick ,same old story as soon as they see you making a bit of money they want to screw you on price.

Malc didn't think you were asking, he was telling you that he wouldn't do the job for that price and I agree.
Personally I always want at least as much for D&D and skim as I do for F&S.

A. because I find boarding heavier work than floating &
B. because I'd much rather skim over my own floating than skim onto board any day of the week.

Thank you both for your input.Each to their own i guess I find boarding pretty easy so it works for me...

Yeah I find boarding easy enough but because I make sure my boarding is done as accurately as my floating I don't get any more done per day than when floating

Seems a fair price to me, youd be lucky to get more than £5 a square round here, if you can find any work 8-/

Thats what i Thought jase66 , Obviously some other spreads on here have so much work that they can pick and choose.

How long have you been plastering for? Have you never priced a job before?

You come on here asking for prices, why dont you work out how many metres you do in a day and divide that into what you want to earn. It really is that simple, even for a chancer.

And no, I don't have to practice much.......

How long have you been plastering for? Have you never priced a job before?

You come on here asking for prices, why dont you work out how many metres you do in a day and divide that into what you want to earn. It really is that simple, even for a chancer.

20 years...., yes i can price jobs , I wasn't asking how to price anything i was asking do you think the price is fair ....?
I thought this forum was for plasterers to come on here and help each other out and give reasonable opinions not to be questioned about what or how they do anything.
But i guess you are one of the boneheads who gives plasterers a bad name ..........

Well I am losing my hair at quite an alarming rate, so there is an element of truth in it I suppose. :RpS_biggrin:

i think if the guy had given me that price i would have been asking how much was he paying to board it first

I'd want at least that for skim only. I understood your post as board then skim. I've never priced per metre as usually got to take angles into account etc but probably should do. I reckon you need 150 a day as minimum for plastering. Anything less don't do it do something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.