is £200 a good price

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyGun1

Hi
I'm having my backyard wall 8ft x 40ft rendered the builder as asked me to get all the material then he will remove all the paint of the wall then apply the first coat of render then apply pva then apply a finished coat on top, but I asked if its better to first apply the pva then render what to you guys recommend? Is £200 a good price?

same as above everything he has said is wrong, wats the reason for it being re rendered?? just paint flakeing or blown and cracked

i think tommygun1 is the builder mentioned ,one and the same person, sounds like a young lad who has just finished his course,and is looking for advice how to put it on,and what price range he should be aiming for, if not it is a bricklayer who is winding us up.

HiI'm having my backyard wall 8ft x 40ft rendered the builder as asked me to get all the material then he will remove all the paint of the wall then apply the first coat of render then apply pva then apply a finished coat on top, but I asked if its better to first apply the pva then render what to you guys recommend? Is £200 a good price
200quid!!!!!!!!! Let him do it mate. Then watch out for the proverbial "s**t on ure doorstep"as is the common phrase on the forum just now:RpS_biggrin:This must be a spoof

i think tommygun1 is the builder mentioned ,one and the same person, sounds like a young lad who has just finished his course,and is looking for advice how to put it on,and what price range he should be aiming for, if not it is a bricklayer who is winding us up.
I think you are 100% correct. Who tells this sort of information? If I were to go and see the job id say yes I can do it and discuss the finish, not the whole process. That's my secret ;)

Why do not get a couple of more prices and listen to what others have to say.:RpS_thumbup:

just go round to his house mate, sh1t on his door step and say thanks but no thanks im having it mosaic tile instead for a tenna

u supply the gear and ill put one coat of render over the flakey paint for 200 notes:RpS_thumbsup:

you' re being way over charged on that. I'll come and do it myself for £60 but I'll bring my own sand thanks as you are new to all this and will probably get the wrong sand. The kids have got loads of pva in their craft box so I'll bring some of that just to make sure the job is done right first time. Where you at mate? If it's more than 300 miles away from me I'll have to give it a miss otherwise there'll be no profit after diesel etc

Status
Not open for further replies.