Irish Plasterer looking for work in London..

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellogs

Hey guys I am qualified plasterer from ireland and i am looking for some advice,i am thinking of travelling across the water to get work.
Can i just arrive in london and start work straight away? or are there courses and safe cards i need to have first?

Thank you,a cscs Card will do me then is this easy to get?
do i have to be in the country to get it?
I would like to be able to start work as soon as i get there so is it possible to have this sorted before i arrive in England?

Get yourself over here mate you will get a start in london have you been on site before and have you never had a cscs card I thought it was EU bollox.

Thing are very bad here at the minute I have been on the 1 site for 18 months only for that I would have very little work.It is not as
if you can say prices are bad there is no work to even price and if you do get work getting paid is another thing your talking 5 or 6 months for an invoice to be covered.

we r on our way spunk we want all ur money we r cheap good and fast and we love sand and cement comeing to a town u soon

We got enough s**t going on in this country with the Easterns nicking all our work without all you Bog boys coming over and taking the piss again, just cos you fcuked your own country up do you think you can just come over here and `crack on how about Fcuk of.

Get yourself over here mate you will get a start in london have you been on site before and have you never had a cscs card I thought it was EU bollox.
\Its different over here Henry you just do a safe pass course for a day and you can walk onto a site straight away.
I heard it was a little different in England and i kinda of wanted to have it sorted before i got there so i could walk straight onto a site.

Things are really bad in Ireland atm lads its getting scarey,from the research i done in the last few weeks i would be confident of getting a start as soon as i landed in london,i just dont want to be hanging around waiting to get these cards sorted.

Thanks for the help lads.

We got enough s**t going on in this country with the Easterns nicking all our work without all you Bog boys coming over and taking the piss again, just cos you fcuked your own country up do you think you can just come over here and `crack on how about Fcuk of.
90/% of the places you eat/drink/piss/and s**t in have been built by the irish so stop talking out your arse m8.

we r comeing like or not so f uck u you dont mind working in other countres when it suits you t**t

We have only been a free state for less than 100 years so we have to be forgiven for a little fcuk up .You will wont have to worry about the eastern euro spreads there rough were are not

Fair play if you lot think its worth it bear in mind you're going to have to pay ferry crossing digs and rates are about 2 per m

I bet you irish lads wished you never voted yes to the second referendum you had. You have just been shafted by the EU they now have control over all your Emerald Isle.

What rates are you getting?
we dont get rates anymore we get what we can ipriced ahouse the other day its a there bed bungalow sand and cement inside set and skim s and c outside do a garage out side s and c inside spounge finish and entrey walls and pires s and c and tack ceilings aswell 4500 so four other guys priced it two at my price and two at four and there four hard weeks work in it yesterday i worked in dublin up at six in for 8 home at 6 100 euro 30 for fuel and 100 is a good days pay here now lots working for less if the have work

Believe it or not that's the same in some parts over here don't come over thinking it will be a lot better there's loads of spreads out of work and a lot of them are very good I'm getting by working for lads who vie worked for in the past I don't even bother ringing fresh companies there wont be anything available ........have you thought of Germany mate loads going on there at the min

Believe it or not that's the same in some parts over here don't come over thinking it will be a lot better there's loads of spreads out of work and a lot of them are very good I'm getting by working for lads who vie worked for in the past I don't even bother ringing fresh companies there wont be anything available ........have you thought of Germany mate loads going on there at the min
i get buy the same way guys i know over 20 years of plastering there are guys going to germany now from here but most are going to oz but its easy for the irish to go to uk because we know lots of guys there and we talk ukish and its easey to get home on ryanair for the weekend and u have the same kind of work as us i dont need to go yet but a guy i work for is going to london to do a job on some houses and he asked me to do the plastering for him so i said i would

well good luck anyway and for fucks sake don't plead poverty when you're over here and try and get yourself a decent rate

Yer but Ireland is a basket case Spunk it really is fu@k long term, London is the money market of the world so there will always
be crumbs from the table for us serfs. let the irish drive the poles out which they will with there skills , the paddies and brits have always worked together in the building trade. Not a lot of sand and cement work over here for them and they will be paid in sterling
maybe a little less then a euro.

90/% of the places you eat/drink/piss/and s**t in have been built by the irish so stop talking out your arse m8.
Lets get one thing right i aint your mate and the massive workforce you had over here in the 60s and 70s what built the places i eat, piss and s**t in most of them ****** of back to bogland when you joined the EEC to milk it and neglected to pay any taxes in the UK,you caused the Lump and abused the 715 tax system now you have a ****** up country you think you have the god given right to come back to Empire H,Q and nick our work, go **** yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.