Introduction

garybond

Hi all
HELP !!!!
have purchased a new house (built around 1960) and decided to get it painted
Got a builder who knocked down the left over chimney walls (old cement bricks), removed old wall paper, and started skimming and finshed lounge and upper bedroom ceiling in about 3 days

Left the skim to dry for couple of days and the skim came crashing down in big pieces
This happened when we were walking on the upper floor

Completely lost and disappointed

Attachments

• 0FF94F08-72E5-4581-BD8D-3FAA6A7CA2DA.jpeg
    0FF94F08-72E5-4581-BD8D-3FAA6A7CA2DA.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 212
  • 29013346-2320-46A3-8ED6-36AC0A6F6A6C.jpeg
    29013346-2320-46A3-8ED6-36AC0A6F6A6C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 193
Hi all
HELP !!!!
Got a builder who knocked down the left over chimney walls (old cement bricks), removed old wall paper, and started skimming and finshed lounge and upper bedroom ceiling in about 3 days

Left the skim to dry for couple of days and the skim came crashing down in big pieces

Get a plasterer

Over artex??? That’s the culprit
Walls look shite tho so it’s probably for the best the Ceiling fell off anyway so it can all be redone together

Hi all
HELP !!!!

Proof that “builders” can’t plaster. Unfortunately you have been Caspered! Lack of adhesion to substrate.

All builders can plaster so they keep telling me!! Oh yeah why you call me then urghhhh I ain't got time... Pleb!