Internal sand and cement float and set

Bloody ridiculous that I’ve heard of catching green suction before but that’s going well over the top
A lot of the problems and attitudes come from the damp coursers who are in and out merchants . I know this because i have been there and seen the problems that come from skimming s/c before its ready . Its true that skimming green s/c is nice but that does not mean its the right way.

Very rare thing me disagreeing with you bof , others on here just don't understand your methods.
I've seen loads of shelled finish where there has been a really deep scratch. If the floating coat is still shrinking at the time it's skimmed it will be shelled to some degree or other. Personally I use a very, very light scratch.
Choosing sand is, IMO, the most important thing to do when floating with s&c. The more silt content, the more shrinkage you'll get. Even with a good sand you'll get 2-4mm of shrinkage at 16mm floating thickness.

No worries(y)

That's a lot of questions. We mix a bag to 20 shovels sand, some mortar mix/plasticiser. Doing site houses (standard 2/3 bed) normally day n half, 2 days beads and floats it day does ceilings and then walls usually good to skim the next 2days of the week. This time of year the walls can be a bit green longer as less drying though. Bag to 18 shovels maybe suits better this time of year. We do loads of sand cement still

A lot of the problems and attitudes come from the damp coursers who are in and out merchants . I know this because i have been there and seen the problems that come from skimming s/c before its ready . Its true that skimming green s/c is nice but that does not mean its the right way.
I do quite alot of damp work and i advise not to skim for 2 weeks....