internal render on old granite wall

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

fruitcake1987

Hi I have a wall that needs picking back to brick and re rendering I am just wondering how best to do it, I have read elsewhere to wet then scratch then top straight away is this right? the surface is old granite cottage wall on the inside of an external wall also should I use lime? and can I plaster on lime the same as render any help would be great

use nhl 5 on granite and just lightly dampen down as granite is very smooth and leave minimum 7 - 10 days before each coat misting regularly and rubbing in and cracks that appear

Hi there,

What is NHL5, and would you really have to wait that long for 2nd coat to be applied, and is it 2nd coat of render you referr to or a finish.

Im guessing this granite will be extremely Low Suction, and thats why you would wait a while.

Thanks

Sorry I just read a bit slower :), It looks like you are reffering to the NHL5 staying on for 7-10 days before the 2nd coat ?

I Google it :D

High strength hydraulic lime mortar with faster setting speed. 100% natural with english hydraulic lime and no artificial additives. Gauged and pre-packed this mortar is ready to mix, just add water.

Status
Not open for further replies.