Internal painted brick

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Internal cottage wall currently painted brick. Customer has got hold of some dri-coat he wants me to render it with and then skim. Whats the best way of achieving the key? Just grind the walls all over which i dont really want to do because of the mess or could I just WBA it first thing and float straight on top once this has dried? Or do I paint a sand/cement/pva slurry on it?

Cheers all

Its always a bit risky floating on a painted surface. You could WBA it and itd last 100 years but it could fail a lot quicker so probably best to either grind it or eml it, I'd personally go for EML.

.you could thistle bond it but still only as good as whats under it .I have seen whole walls peel of because of paint not holding but thistle bond it working.eml a cert.

Isnt bond it made for any bg product ..he say,s he as got driwall allready surely he can use that.

Tbh not sure about dry coat backing coats as far as I know you can only use bonding

Last edited:
But you're still sticking it to bond it that Is on paint. If you eml then it gives the backing coat a decent mech key

But you're still sticking it to bond it that Is on paint. If you eml then it gives the backing coat a decent mech key

And how long would that taplus the cost of hire? Plus the clean up. EML and be done with

What paint was used? Is the paint breathable? Shouldn't start throwing on gypsum based renders if it's an old cottage built with brick.

Status
Not open for further replies.