Internal lime plastering with hemp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkplasterer

Hi, quite new on here but been plastering for over ten years. I have an internal lime plastering job to do and they want hemp in the mix for thermal qualities. I am having a huge problem with pricing, I have a total of 15 seperate areas/walls at a total of 135 square meters. I have done lime internal and external with hydraulic lime at 3.5 NHL, but without hemp (no cement, proper lime plaster) The surface is pointed stone (quite a good surface) and I can follow the wall (not after a dead flat wall) . I can follow the wall and so am thinking two coats, float and set. It has to be set in lime too and I think a finer 1:1 lime/finer sand mix as finish coat? Any idea on price to float would be fantastic. Also do I literally add hemp to a NHL mix of sand and lime and any idea of cost of hemp?? Many Thanks, Mark

Bloke I've been working for reckons it was working out at about £30 per M for a 3 coat system - top two coats were lime/hemp:RpS_thumbup:

See Eden Lime Mortar for their highly insulating hemp/lime system. Tim (the proprietor) has load of experience and satisfied customers,

ta

Status
Not open for further replies.