internal insulation board application

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvp30

I have just moved into a very cold house, the first floor cannot be cavity filled therefore I am going to use Gyproc thermaline on the inside of the walls. I have taken all the old plasterboard off and revealed all the 'snots' (dot and dabs). They are very difficult to remove from the block wall.

Question is...
Do I have to remove all these old dabs and use plaster board adhesive, Dot and dab to fix the new insulation board to the wall or can I fix the new insulation board to the existing dabs by some sort of screw type fixing ?

Suggestions appreciated
Thanks

You can fix the board with nailable plugs, hammer fixings for this type of work,you could use penny washers with them for better hold of the board, or you can also dot and dab as before.

Gyproc Thermaline boards 70mm at £70 a sheet...bought 10 sheets from tp atkins recently, thought they'd be around £30/40 each. Busted budget :D

Yeah, I know they're not cheap, but needs must ! For the difference I'm trying to achieve in going for the 40mm basic £19 a sheet.

Just use a lump hammer and a bolster chisel to remove the old adhesive then fix new boards using battens or dots of adhesive .

tvp30, i use the basic and the plus quite often, if i use thermo+ i make sure the walls are flat & free from snots, dust & then unibon and use the foam adhesive(very strong bond), the thermo basic can be dabeddabed on. There are more methods of fixing but these are what i use and well.

Status
Not open for further replies.