internal corner trowels

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

rated_2000

are these only used when your skim both walls into a corner and they both walls r wet? or as well as just one wall?

r they any good? or is it better with a trowel and just work out each way from the corner

i only used it once on a course :-/

whats your opinions on these ?

i thought they were designed for tape and jointers, its just that spreads started usin em for wet corners...they can help if you got a lot on and you just want a quick line but i wouldnt grow to rely on em too much..

There are quite a few different ones on the market really and like most trowels they all work better when worn in a bit , some like em and some dont.
I use one all the time on 90s and in a box room a i would be happy to put on 4 wall and the ceiling at the same time

i bought one, no better than a normal 100 degree steel version, prolly be handy on an internal 135 but thats about it...lives in the bottom of the bucket with the other corner trowels ;D

av never bothered with them a just do opposite walls if a do have to do wet corners a just take extra care

I tried a few different types of corner trowel since I started plastering. The one I use at the moment is by far the best. It's made by Refina (I think!)  and is about 3 inches long not counting the handle. Because it's small it's easier to get into the corners without interfering too much with the rest of the wall.

I use it to run the corner in when flattening off the second coat. I tidy things up using my regular trowel. Thing is, once you've got to the wet trowel stage it's almost like working opposites anyway. The corner trowel just gives you that initial line to work from. I still work opposites where possible but sometimes you have to do a (small) room in one hit or you won't be earning the nessecary pennies.... :)

I use them all the time there mint especially when its all going off or on roughing on thermalites, not so good when the walls are still wet. Alot of the time i put on 3 wet corners so got the ceiling and two walls joining and the trouble you get is mouse holes in the corner but with the angle trowel it sorts it right out :)

i picked up one of these today and while trying to throw it in the air and catch it in the same hand i had a bag of bonding under in a cool kinda way so i could get the keys for my van out of my pocket i dropped the bugger and gave the top edge a little tiny ding, so now i've gotta file it down or else it'll just drag a line in the corners ::)

that little ding is the least of your worries mate..
i think your biggest worry is the fact that if you seriously thought juggling one handed with a corner trowel whilst carrying a bag of bonding, AND get your keys out of your pocket THEN catch the f'cker then youll be in for a big shock when you lose your footing on a stairwell scaffold, 10 feet up and think your gonna hold onto everything AND land on your feet without breaking a single bone...
think we should have something similar to the darwin awards on here....
;D

another quick example..
fittin windows years ago, we throw the bay in and the window above the bay, newbuild right?
then the chippies come and drop the rafters etc on the bay, they always used to tend to use 3 or 4 trestles and a few scaffy planks suits them no worries...
my mate at the time goes and plonks the base of his ladder on said trestles then climbs up said ladder to gun the window above...2 minute job..
wtf do you think happened next?
the guy wasnt exactly hospitalised, after bouncing off the bay roof, he landed 'back first' across a pile of concrete blocks..not far off tho..
his back looked like he'd been shot with a pepper gun..
can you actually believe that the company we were working for at the time gave him a WRITTEN warning...not like he'd learnt his lesson was it?
straight up that...

haha well yes i was expecting too much of my clwon juggling abbilities, luckily it was only B&Q car park and nobody about to see, infact if there was anybody about to see it happen im pretty sure they would have laughed at the reaction on my face :mad: :-? :'( :-/

haha well yes i was expecting too much of my clwon juggling abbilities, luckily it was only B&Q car park and nobody about to see, infact if there was anybody about to see it happen im pretty sure they would have laughed at the reaction on my face :mad: :-? :'( :-/
well thou art officially a twonk  ;D
or whatever the mac lads called the bloke who threw the jack out the window when they were off to blackpool.. :eek:
bet you f'cked off pretty quick leaving said bonding for the official muppett to leave for an hour then wish he hadnt!!! ;D

cant belive they sent him a written warning :eek:,  what exactly did they write in the letter.
they seriously gave him a written..i even went in the office and laffed at the gaffer but the official line was 'we cant be seen to be employing idiots that would place themselves in such danger thereby endangering others...'
but seriously, we all f'ck up, specially when we're new as this guy was..thing is he was 25+ nice bloke, new to the game, didnt last long...but a f'ckin written warning....i'd have thought the injury+me takin the piss for the next week would have been enuff!!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.