internal angle trowel

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

broonster

Fellow Tradesmen,
Have had lot of problems trying to obtain a good angle trowel the last one i got is just to tight and youve realy got to put preasure to fit the corner i think it could be for drywall.Not to sure about marshalltown.Any suggestions.

Last edited:
The MT 90 degree angle trowel is spot on :)

I would not recommend their adjustable plastic trowel unless you intend on using it for angles greater than 120 degrees. For angles between 90-120 degrees it is so badly warped it does not hold a true straight angle.

The MT 90 degree angle trowel is spot on :)

I would not recommend their adjustable plastic trowel unless you intend on using it for angles greater than 120 degrees. For angles between 90-120 degrees it is so badly warped it does not hold a true straight angle.
its a good tool where the work is nice and plumb and square, i have two types one for nice new work and one for refurbs..

a wet angle is always a nicer finish to a dry angle, ive got the marshalltown one but not sure what one angle it is ive had it about 7 years, but i think its pukka, although i have bent the wings in slightly so it could have been the bigger angle one and ive reduced it

I use one of those little cheapie things off fleabay, there's a thread somewhere..
Though I carved a bit of wood into a handle and shoved it in the tube as you tend to scrub the walls with your knuckles otherwise.

D67634E7-F99C-4331-977D-56875EFC6D72-834-00000107FD7A2561_zps88e5663b.jpg

Premium Quality Stainless Steel Corner & Angle Trowels For Plasterers

I use the one at the bottom of the page......................they are mustard.....................:RpS_thumbup:

I had a tyzak one of these which i got with my first set of tools in 1980 and which £1.50 per week was deducted from my wages until all my tools were paid for then 2 years ago some thieving she-ite had it away i was gutted. As the old spread who told me which tools to get way back then "you can never guarentee that the trades you follow will make a 90 deg corner so get a twitcher"

It was jeanclaudevangyproc that was promoting them if I remember correctly?:RpS_unsure: .....wonder how much commision he got:RpS_wink:

Tyzack internal and external angle trowels still come up on ebay, this one is for sale now and an external angle trowel is also up for grabs

Attachments

• Internal Corner trowel.jpg
    Internal Corner trowel.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 280
Not all corners are 90 degree though. So you must stand there scratching your bollox when you realise your corner trowel doesn't fit

Not all corners are 90 degree though. So you must stand there scratching your bollox when you realise your corner trowel doesn't fit
That's why I have a selection of angle trowels, if its an extreme angle you can do alternates like the old days, some still do it this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.