interest in this side of plastering

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wil

how differcult is venetian plastering compared with skimming and is it something i can practice without going on any courses ???

Yer it's a lot different and you can make sample boards to have a go on. Good money if you can find a market for it.

You can have a go without training, watch youtube videos and ask as many questions as you can but if you want to take it seriously then i would advise taking a course, it is nothing like plastering and without experienced tuition you may never understand the concept and would waste a lot of time and money.
Goldtrowel have a good reputation for these courses offering more than just a few sample boards and covering everything from preperation to real world situations. Corners etc.
Even after completing a course it still takes a while for it to make sense so practice as much as you can.
There are hundreds of techniques that produce different finishes, you need to 'forget' how to plaster (gypsum) and use random trowel movements,
There is a growing market for these finishes and everybody who uses them actually enjoys their job!

why is that dg27 over £56 +vat for five litres on mike wye is there any other kind of primer cheaper then that .

I have to agree Gold Trowel course/center is absolutely Fantastic!!

Those of you that know me knnow that i dont say something is good unless it is, even if Gold Trowel Marble plastering were not sponsors of us my opinion would still be teh same.... You get to do whole rooms colomns the lot.

Honestly I am looking at doing the course just to have a go. I am building a website for someone who does it full time and all I can say is wow!! The photos make your site jump out and gives a certain type of eliteness...

As with anything its about marketing a promotion but I know there is still a market for it :)

Danny

Venetian Plastering looks really classical, Its worth it if you can afford the tuition by GoldTrowel because generally there are fewer people that can create venetian plaster as good as its supposed to look, after your tuition you can charge extra for your skills.

Venetian Plastering looks nuts, but how many clients are you planning to get with these new found skills?

I think there is people out there who would pay for this work they just do not know about it.

Well if it's a re skim then apply wicks bond it or use pva and skim , at the end of the day it is only lime putty.

i agree with uveco-been spreading for 23 years and its nothing like solid work-i did a 10 daycourse with andy goldenbollox and i gotta say he knows his s**t.that was 16 months ago and i regularly get venetian work now-its kind of 40/60 at the mo but the venetian is so so so rewarding i couldnt give a **** if i never skimmed a wall again! the work is there and it only takes a few posh clients mates to see what youve done and it starts coming to you-kind of keep up with the ponsonby smyths!in other words make the change from being a spread to an artisan luvvy!!

plus dont mean to sound like a bighead but i got a £30k venetian job yesterday+ solid ,mf ,boarding to about another 100kk so it is there you just gottaq target the right market-peace,health and wealth!!!

I must admit this is one side of plastering i have always fancied, if you are a plasterer and you enjoy plastering a wall, for a customer who is over the moon about you skimming their room and you get satisfaction from doing a good job, i think the satisfaction of a venetian job would give you a lot more personal satisfaction out of the job, i dont think there would be a problem finding work coz ive been at it over twenty years and not met one spread who actually does it and ive also never met a thatch roofer so its a nich market which means there is a market.

Status
Not open for further replies.