insurance work..

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewis

hi everyone ,how do you guys go about insurance work???went and see this guy who said the insurance company have told him to just get 1 quote ..its a kitchen ceiling to take down ,put new one up and artex..he has also asked me to put a new ceiling up on the landing and to put on price of kitchen ceiling..the landing ceiling is small and the kitchen ceiling will prob take3 sheets of 8 by 4 give or take a little .....how to price??????????any advice???????

ive done this many times in the past, put a price in about 650,700 always add on about 50% with insurance work

Yeah we do alot of insurance work. Sometimes they ask for 3 written quotes from different plasterers. We give them 3 with £10 of a difference on each ;D go in heavy anyway.

Yep, at least 50% or if you can strike a deal with the customer , double your normal rate - By striking a deal I mean if it was gonna be a 500 pound job normally, go in at 900 and offer the customer 100 quid for his trouble - You take home 800 , he gets a oner and everyone's happy - This only works of course if your quote is accepted but when it does, its a good earner - recently did a 'patch' job ona water damaged ceiling - Loaded the quote to say that once patched, the whole ceiling would need to re-skimmed and re-coved , quoted £785 which was accepted - Once accepted, customer asked me to just patch and make good with Easy fill - He didn't want me to skim the ceiling cos it was a property he rented out so in the end, I walked away with £500 for 3 hours work and he had 285 in his pocket - Highly irregular and come along once in a blue moon but when they do....

bloomin heck.. 3,6x2.4 aint exactly big either lewis!! that equates to one reasonable ceiling if you add the 2 together, 1 set of skim...
take yer time mate!!
hope yer get the job :D

Status
Not open for further replies.