Insulation boards

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basher

Hey up guys i live in quite a remote area where b&q is the nearest merchants i have a job to board out a room with insulated 22mm boards on the external walls i was just wondering where best is to get these from and what price would it roughly be cheers guys

Insulated boards are a knob to dab. As for constructive input, I'm sorry I have none as I can't remember what we last paid.

In my local Travis they call boards with 22mm polly on the back thermal line basic boards. Thermal line boards are 40mm

Polystyrene mate

Thought so, they are a bit cheaper but thats still a decent price you're getting them at.

I'm using the ones with an inch of compressed kingspan type stuff on them with brown paper on the back. And they are pretty good compared to some of the shyte ive used. Quite heavy but not curled across the width like so many are and the adhesive actually sticks to them really well without having to smear the backs of them.

what you could do is if your b and q has 12mm 2400x1200, plaster boards and polystyrene insulation sheets then glue the poly on to the boards. i never done this but i have skimmed a house out where the builder did this to save money and to this day it worked, well i've never been asked to go back and replaster it so it must have.

So do you think he used solvite to fix the foam to the boards cos it worked a treat omEPF ceiling tiles

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahshshshahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

dont think your suppose to dab polystyrene backed boards , they dont do anything but melt and spread fire in a fire !
kingspans the ones for the job dabbing that is .:RpS_thumbsup:

Thought so, they are a bit cheaper but thats still a decent price you're getting them at.

I'm using the ones with an inch of compressed kingspan type stuff on them with brown paper on the back. And they are pretty good compared to some of the shyte ive used. Quite heavy but not curled across the width like so many are and the adhesive actually sticks to them really well without having to smear the backs of them.

The ones we are using are made by quinntherm, 21 quid plus vat

no no no!!! i do from time to time still do work for the builder and if there was a problem he would tell me ( bubbles65, raggles, spunky). i dont know what he used for glue but still as far as he knows the boards are fine and as i only skimmed them i dont care. so should they fall apart i'd still get the job to put them right and its money i my pocket. And the thing is it was much cheaper for the builder to do it this way but like i've said "i would not do it this way my self".

Status
Not open for further replies.