Insulated render

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

spunky

Private Member
I've been offered a job doing insulated render mesh basecoat and topcoat does anyone know on average the square meterage an average lad can do in a day all in cheers

imo you need a 2&1 to do base mesh & top the mesh is hand full on your tod me & my mates used to do a 3 storey front in a day but that was flat out 4 ecotex coatings what a bunch ov ***** they were:-0 good :RpS_laugh: thou

Thanks mate were a 2-1 gang at the mo would you pm me what prices I should be looking at

them prices are for insulated systems spunk ,i think you want prices for a 15mm base coat plus acrylic topper!

No mate it's the insulated render system were doing the 15 mm stuff at the mo, do these prices above include insulation fixings base coat Inc mesh beads and top coat?.....how much is it to supply the kit per m ?

I will PM you sponk about rates because I like you but I must stick to the Kings policy of keeping the dirty laundry out of the public view

on the other side you could ins.board yourself and mesh yourself if need be but a helper meshing is good. you cannot texture on your own tho - depending on area you will need good hands on deck in numbers

dont fear mate once you get the hang of it the texture becomes the icing on the cake but your arm aches, your clothes are sh1t up and it stinks - luv it:) dont give the texture to someone else tho, no no.

unless its me of course:RpS_biggrin:

i had some lads working for me last year the labour only rate they worked for was fix 50mm EPS boards £10.00 per m2 6 fixings in each... basecoat and mesh £5.00 per m2 and top coat 1.5mm acrylic £3.50 per m2 total £18.50 per m2 and thats gospel

That's what I'm scared of mate hate top coating ld rather just do the base coat

top coats a dobble if the base coat is nice and flat wuth no mesh showing through.... i prefer top coat any day of the week... just rubbing it up mind to hard on the elbows laying it on...

Prices seem to have decreased on site. A few years ago £ 5 was normal for insulation and £12-13 for mesh base and top. I think it was Atkins spunk down the SA1

Cheers lads what's the crack with the top coat when it comes to timing with the float I've done a bit of noblow and scraped the b*****d on as tight as I can and floated it but it looks like I'm getting the odd swirl how far are you behind the chap laying on and do you give it the big swirl to spread it and a light one after or just finish as you're going?

spunky just get it on as tight as you can with your trowel and the lad behind you rubbing up should be right behind you so as quick as its getting put on you mate is rubbing it but get him also to scrape with his plastic float before he rubs it .just remember to keep wet joints all the time and you wont have any problems mate

Cheers keV do you mean scrape it to get it a bit tighter then float it ? Also are conni and noblow the same principle I've heard connis a bit stickier

noblo has to be mixed up and conni comes ready just a cup of water to free it up abit

last job i did was in peebles 78m2 with a 2 and 1 gang we set off 5am got to site 8.30 am had the base and mesh on for 3pm and that included rearranging all the scaffolding... spent 1 night in digs.. next moring we were ther for 8.30 after full english and 3 cups of tea... top coated the lot by 2pm and back in shitley bay for 5pm...

I tried topping the next day made a right mess of the basecoat. maybe ok in the summer mind but id wanna leave it a few days at least

don`t you have to let the base coat dry first system`s.as you teach people how to do this,i would of thought you would know this!

yeah depends on weather, but industry standard is as grand says 1mm a day, obviously you can use your own judgement as to wether is dry or not!

Thats why noblo is better, you can go over base coats as soon as they are hard enough. Even that doesnt matter if you are just spraying the texture.

you do have to wait for it to be dry for paint

most of the (bucket acrylic/silicone)texture top coats trap in and seal the base too so if any moisture were remaining it could shell the top coat in time or weep through and colour run other risks are wt texture over a prolonged period leaving it open to damage rainwash etc

Status
Not open for further replies.