insulated plasterboard

Members online

The Hobo

been asked to dab these onto stone walls in a Victorian house but not keen on the idea any body had problems with this /at the moment I would sooner leave the timber straps in place infill the gaps with Kingspan then overboard with foil backed/some sensible replies please

Come down a few inches and step out
he wont go for that he has got it in his head to dab I still say cut Kingspan between strappings after removing lath then use original straps to carry foil back boards

he wont go for that he has got it in his head to dab I still say cut Kingspan between strappings after removing lath then use original straps to carry foil back boards
Got any pics ,or a profile drawing
not sure how it's possible to not step out due to the depth of insulation on a stone wall

Dab them,we do all time,usually party wall wheres theres a garage backing onto kitchen/corridor etc.no problems at all.make sure you get the rights ones tho 4 dotting as spec is different on some as opposed to screwing them etc

Could dot and dab then screw through the dabs with washers on if you're worried about it not sticking

There will stick 4 fck sake! Talk about creating more work..PCs the walls the dab..
I patch tested some adhesive on an old stone wall I was planning on dabbing. Brushed off dust and put some on, pvad abit next to it and put some on, gritted abit next to it put some on. One slight tap and all 3 fell off.
I thought you were meant to have mechanical fixings with insulated board anyway?

I patch tested some adhesive on an old stone wall I was planning on dabbing. Brushed off dust and put some on, pvad abit next to it and put some on, gritted abit next to it put some on. One slight tap and all 3 fell off.
I thought you were meant to have mechanical fixings with insulated board anyway?
Mechanical fixings are for fire regs..not many stick to it tbh...

Dab them,we do all time,usually party wall wheres theres a garage backing onto kitchen/corridor etc.no problems at all.make sure you get the rights ones tho 4 dotting as spec is different on some as opposed to screwing them etc
Agree gav i have dabbed on old cottage but get correct ones and then three mushrooms per board

the customer just rang thinking of stripping wall off new timbers etc and re run cornice on completion thanks for all your feed back

Get the Pink back boards not the cheap white backed polystyrene s**t you can dab them and I have.. But I use a thin lath about 600mm apart just to get a secondary fixing for peace of mind....

I
Horrible things anyway
Have a day of celotex cutting!! I won't do it now foooook em my lungs been through enough s**t,, I used to pull down lath ceilings back in 1982 no mask or eye protection!! That's how it was then!!

I

Have a day of celotex cutting!! I won't do it now foooook em my lungs been through enough s**t,, I used to pull down lath ceilings back in 1982 no mask or eye protection!! That's how it was then!!
Had lads throwing up from pulling ceilings down

when I served my time in the industrial north most attics had about 6 inch soot on top of laths we would drop them with only a hanky on face like some c**t in a western movie all the clothes had to be binned took a week to get scrubbed up

when I served my time in the industrial north most attics had about 6 inch soot on top of laths we would drop them with only a hanky on face like some c**t in a western movie all the clothes had to be binned took a week to get scrubbed up
Had those moments, looked like eyeliner after showering , nose black