Insulated board ??

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chap got me round to quote this morning to dot n dab 2 walls in his spare bedroom and skim - very straightforward stuff but he asked that because the walls were single skin outside walls is there anyway I could use insulated board or insulate the wall before skimming

I've never used insulated board - is this the best course of action or would battening out the wall with some celotex between the uprights be better ?

Its a very small room and he is very keen to minimise any loss of width to his room

Or is there another way I haven't even thought of - any advice much appreciated, cheers guys

we have used insulated boards for dabbing b4. not the ones with kingspan on the back they had foam on the back with like a paper covering it. wus the spec on the whole site so im asuming it works

I hae just done very similar ... all i did was to put 25mm celotex sheets on the wall then battened over the top using 2 x 1 and 100mm plugs and screws then boarded as usual.

The insualted board is expensive and a t**t to use

Rich

go on to british gypsum website,plasterboards and gyproc thermal performance boards,it's all there,i use a lot of the thermaline plus,around £20 per sheet,depending on type.

just dab thermal bonded boards on the walls mate, then a few of the fisher type board fixings to keep em there in case of fire

I did half a house like this last year, just dabbed polystyrene backed boards on its a piece of doddle.

For some reason the middle of 2 of the boards came away (im presuming my ex-labourer did his usual half arsed job on the pva)

Anyway, I drilled two half inch holes in the board and fired a load of foam in and it worked a treat.

And sacked my labourer too.

Well thats not stricktly true he sacked himself by being a useless bastage.

Im with Rich here batten out @450 centres with 38mm wide wood ,then use 25mm jabelite or celotex then board with 9mm plasteboard and skim out.
I wouldnt want no comebacks.Dont take a lot longer or cost much more than dabbing.

I put the celotex on the walls and hold it in place with a bit of silicone or whatever then batten over the top, this gives you a 25mm void between the insulation and the board

Status
Not open for further replies.