Instructions on back of multi

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_removed

Has any one noticed how they have put a step by step guide on the back of multi, and poss board finish (i'v not seen a bag for a while)

Is this I good thing or a bad thing, personally I see more diyer's giving it a go also i'v noticed more and more people buying skim in wickes, not plasterers their clothes are too clean an loadin a fiesta up out side.

Just can't understand why bg do this.

1 hand it may boost sales but then damaging the respect of the trade on the other.

Mac

Putting the instructions on every bag now, when I spoke to BG aboiut this a new guy, can't remember his name,thought it was mad that no instructions were on the bag in the 1st place.

I don't see how every situation back ground wise, can be lumped in to this 1 system, we all know the difference in skimming over different backgrounds and how this affects the timing. Diyer's and amateurs won't know this.

On the funny side I saw a job the other month where the guy had tried the skim the living room himself and not understood that he had to pva the wall first, he'd put about 1/4 of a tub of pva into the brand new yellow gorilla tub, mixed it up with his brand new manual paddle.

Spread about a metre on the wall and it flashed on him. Set on wall, in bucket ect.

I got job and told him I'd get rid of the bucket while i was finishing off, tidying up (as it was ruined) tapped it out when I got home, brand new gorilla tub.

So the instructions on back may have their benefits.

For a start don't worry bout diyers buying skim u will get more work in the long run after they fcuk it up cos lets face it u know how hard plastering is to a novice. Secondly they buy from wickes cos its as cheap as anywhere else I've had account wi Travis for twenty year and still shop at wickes if your ever short of work hang around wickes wi a sign written van watch how many people ask u bout doing there job

Flat boy posted bout this a few weeks back,yeh the diyers will love it?? It tells you on the back to use bond it too! It will give them a shock when they see the price of it? The instructions are a load of pish anyway , after so many minutes do this then after so many minutes do that.blah de blah:RpS_lol:

With out price checking I always thought wickes were the most expensive.

I just use builbase, but there's a wickes 1/2 mile down road so it comes in handy.

Have they just changed bags or have they changed the ingredients/formula.

Just been reading other thread about setting times, have bg been ******* about trying to make it easier for the diyer's, the mind boggles.

Might go build base tommorow then just u get a bit discount in bulk at wickes it just annoys me that John public can buy at same price as us can't even scam a bit on materials

I dont think its a bad thing at all, i think most diy'ers will have a go step by step, then get on the phone asking you to put the job right.

If i remember rightly it says nothing about controling suction, and states that final trowel up should be done at 120 minutes :RpS_confused: most sets i get on take about 3 hrs. Can you imagine them not pva'ing the wall getting the kit on, then waiting 40 to 50 mins like they say on the bag, then coming back to a bone dry wall, brilliant.

I had a quick look at it the other day, and I wouldn't sweat.

I mean who the hell puts on 1mm followed by another 1mm? Imagine a DiYer trying to get a consistent 1mm depth on a reskim :RpS_thumbsup:

he he he the group that went to BG helped with that...lol

Not actually read what they finally put on the bag though :)

he he he the group that went to BG helped with that...lol

Not actually read what they finally put on the bag though :)

They didn't use any of our suggestions from what I've seen, just stuck with what they'd already put together.

They didn't use any of our suggestions .

Which should have been:

Put flowery frock on.

Smear butter on nipples.

Put on katie Melua album full blast.

Read instructions.

Unleash blunt trowel.

Mix powder real lumpy.

Try to spread thin.

Realize you're half a man.

Shout at wife.

Kick nearest animal then feel guilty after and feel less than half man.

Go to pub after long shower.

Ask mates for number of a good plasterer.

Phone him and feel a quarter of a man whilst explaining what a fck up you.ve made.

Empty wallet and pay him and realize that's what you should have done in the first place!

It should say something along the lines of.

If your not a professional plasterer and not 100% confident with the job your about to undertake....... Put the ******* bag back

it should say.."if you cant carry at least two bags at once your a fag and put them back"

Closing In is the debut album of Early Man, released on October 11, 2005. There are clear influences from heavy metal bands like Black Sabbath and thrash metal bands like Metallica. Mike Conte's vocal styles are very similar to Ozzy Osbourne and Rob Halford, while not exactly imitating them.

That's what wiki says Ceevee

Closing In is the debut album of Early Man, released on October 11, 2005. There are clear influences from heavy metal bands like Black Sabbath and thrash metal bands like Metallica. Mike Conte's vocal styles are very similar to Ozzy Osbourne and Rob Halford, while not exactly imitating them.

Aaaahhhh....so we should apply plaster, then pop the Early Man album on before trowelling up?
Got ya.

No mate I'm from Sheffield, you mean pontefract.

Done some work up there tho, turks head public house, also Wakefield west gate. Is there Much going off up their at min mate?

No mate I'm from Sheffield, you mean pontefract.

Done some work up there tho, turks head public house, also Wakefield west gate. Is there Much going off up their at min mate?
ye i mean Pontefract, don know about anyone else mate but im getting by

What diy mob dont understand and will not be able buy is a plasterers trowel yes they can buy a trowel what has as much give in it as caspers wallet but you can buy a plasterers trowel .

Status
Not open for further replies.